Thread: Flyer fans

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Flyer fans

Looking at our cap numbers for the next few years. I could see some potential relief in the cap.

Granted, THIS IS ALL HYPOTHETICAL AND WHAT I WOULDNT MIND!

#1-Lupul and Jones go. Sbisa is moved up for good. Sign Beachemin.

Timo-Parent
    Coburn-Carle
    Sbisa-Beauchemin

#2- Trade Gagne. Hear me out. By trading Gagne and getting a few assets for him cheaply, we can extend Carter and Coburn. Who do we trade him for? I have no idea. Help me out here.

Either way, Id like to resign Carts now; not later when he is a powerhouse.

Opinions? Observations?
    Follow me on X! Renegade_H

16 team Banger league
    G,A,PPP,BLK,HITS,PIM,SOG,W,GAA,S%,SAVES

FWDS
    Robertson, Stamkos, Kyrou, Huberdeau, Necas, Carlsson, Rossi, McMichael, Coleman, Gaudreau, Schwartz, Kuzmenko, Hathaway, Hoglander, Domi, Barbashev, Newhook

DMEN
    Montour, Burns, Hanifin, Sanheim, Walman, Pionk, Provorov

GOALIES
    Fluery, Montembeault, Wedgewood, Raanta

Injured
    F. Andersen, Landeskog, Hamilton

PROSPECT POOL
    Kasper, Moore, Ostlund, Yurov, Morrow, Zellweger, Nazar

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Flyer fans

I don\'t think you can resign Carter for another year yet. July 1st 2010, when he enters the final year of this contract, is the earliest he can be resigned.

I agree though that Lupul is probably the most likely to be traded.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Flyer fans

First, I\'m not that worried about Carter\'s value skyrocketing from where it is now...46 goals?

I think we all agree that Jones, Lupul, and Briere are the most preferable moving parts...but why are we expecting another team to jump at Lupul\'s crap contract? And I don\'t know why we would trade Gagne at this point for lesser, younger pieces. We have a ton of assets right now and need to be looking to move 2-3 B+ guys for more A guys.

By then end of next year, they should be looking at some combo of:

Gagne Richards JVR
    Hartnell Carter Lupul/other
    Giroux Briere Carcillo
    Nodl Powe Asham

If anything, we don\'t need more pieces, we need to consolidate.

On defense, I agree it would be great to move Jones (whose contract actually isn\'t THAT bad) and sign someone better/for a better deal. I think we stick with the other 5 you mentioned, move Jones, sign/trade for another top 4 d-man and sign a vet depth/7th guy for cheap.
    My Team (14-Team Fantasy Points League w/7 Keepers)

C: Spezza, Ribeiro
    LW: D. Sedin, Marleau
    RW: Heatley, Voracek
    D: Byfuglien, McCabe, Pitkanen, Carle
    G: Bryzgalov, Neuvirth
    Bench: Varlamov, Ribeiro, Leino, Boyes, Hedberg, Campbell
    IR: Malkin, Savard

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Flyer fans

I think Lupul will be gone. I hope Jones is gone as well but I\'m not sure how many teams will be interested. Nobody will want Briere so he\'ll be staying.

Holmgren has said that he wants to re-sign Knuble. I\'d like for that to happen, but only if Knuble takes a hometown discount. He\'s the perfect guy for the Flyers, even if he did lose a step last year (pretty evident in the playoffs).

The thought of JVR playing for the Flyers is a dream. And if it becomes reality, then the Flyers are screwed because he\'s not ready for the NHL. Things can change but if the Flyers rush him, it will not only hurt JVR\'s development, but the Flyers\' chances of being a true contender.

I\'d like for the Flyers to go after Bouwmeester. Obviously, any team would, but if the Flyers could do some sort of package involving the parts Lupul/Jones/JVR/1st rounder for JBo\'s rights, that\'d be good.

I think the Flyers biggest need is a tough defenseman who can still move the puck. Komisarek is overrated in my opinion but he\'s the exact guy the Flyers need. If Philly can\'t get Bouwmeester, I hope they go after Komisarek. Bouwmeester isn\'t an in your face defenseman, but he doesn\'t have to be and is effective in all areas of the game. A defense looking like this would be pretty good:

Timonen-Parent
    Coburn-Carle
    Bouwmeester/Komisarek-Sbisa

As for the offense, I\'m torn on whether I\'d like them to have the 3 strong offensive lines, or have a true shutdown line. The Flyers have the luxury of having many options. Put Richards on a shutdown line? Use Giroux and Briere on a 3rd scoring line?

I\'d like to see the Flyers make a push for John Madden. I believe he\'s a free agent and he\'ll win big draws, give us PK time (which saves Carter and Richards from some), leadership, and a shutdown center.

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Flyer fans

Beauchemin would probably cost more than we think actually...I don\'t think he\'d be all that cheap of an option. Jones is a similar player and his contract may actually be cheaper than what it would cost to land Beauchemin.

Bouwmeester...I am getting the feeling that a Lupul/Jones + trade for JBo is not going to happen. If it were alluring to Florida, I think the deal would have been made by now, yet those are the same names that keep popping up. We all look at the Flyers roster and salaries and present Lupul, Jones, and Carle. At the end of the day, Holmgren may be forced to cut loose a player making substantially more...:dry:

I\'m just going to sit back and watch. I can\'t imagine Holmgren is very excited about the Cup coming to the west side of Pennsylvania.
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Flyer fans

Joffrey Lupul is as good as gone over the summer @ 4,250,000 a year thats a rip off haha

Danny Briere = not worth 8million.

If they can make a deal to trade these 2 they can get great value in return. fantasy wise... maybe something like this.

Wishful thinking... :P :
    Danny Briere, Joffrey Lupul, Randy Jones, 1st & 7th round draft pick
    FOR
    Danny Heatley, Pascal Leclaire & 1st round pick (Ryan Ellis)

Team out look = Dirty! haha

Simon Gagne, Mike Richards, Danny Heatley
    Claude Giroux, Jeff Carter, JVR
    Scott Hartnell, Darroll Powe, Mike Knuble

Kimmo Timonen, Ryan Ellis
    Braydon Coburn, Matt Carle
    Luca Sbisa, Ryan Parent

Pascal Leclaire
    Martin Biron

Results = BOSTON like 08/09 reg. season and a maybe a finals entry :woohoo:
    12 Team roto Keeper League
    Player: G, A, PPG, PPA, +/-, PTS = 2pts
    Goalie: GGP, W, GAA, SPct, SO = 1 pt

Lineup: 2C, 4W, 4D 2G, 6Farm Players.
    Keep 5/Team; Free Carryovers (under Age24)

C: H.Sedin, Weiss
    W: Ovechkin, D.Sedin, Booth, Voracek
    D: Streit, Suter, McCabe, M.Staal
    G: Bryzgalov, Neimi
    Farm: Leighton, White
    Carry: Connolly, McBain, Kabonov

Addicted to trading....sigh

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Flyer fans

Pascal Leclaire? I\'d rather keep Niitty.
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Flyer fans

wwkwan3 wrote:
    Joffrey Lupul is as good as gone over the summer @ 4,250,000 a year thats a rip off haha

Danny Briere = not worth 8million.

If they can make a deal to trade these 2 they can get great value in return. fantasy wise... maybe something like this.

Wishful thinking... :P :
    Danny Briere, Joffrey Lupul, Randy Jones, 1st & 7th round draft pick
    FOR
    Danny Heatley, Pascal Leclaire & 1st round pick (Ryan Ellis)

Team out look = Dirty! haha

Simon Gagne, Mike Richards, Danny Heatley
    Claude Giroux, Jeff Carter, JVR
    Scott Hartnell, Darroll Powe, Mike Knuble

Kimmo Timonen, Ryan Ellis
    Braydon Coburn, Matt Carle
    Luca Sbisa, Ryan Parent

Pascal Leclaire
    Martin Biron

Results = BOSTON like 08/09 reg. season and a maybe a finals entry :woohoo:
    Almost everything in your post has no chance of happening.

1. The trade for Heatley. Philly is not going to be in the running because they won\'t be able to afford him. I know with your offer, they could afford him, but nobody will take Briere. Flyers just got Emery to be their starter, they aren\'t going to go for Leclaire.

2. Briere\'s cap hit is 6.5 million, not 8.

3. Your roster has 48.4 in salaries, NOT including JVR, Ellis, and Biron. That is with Knuble\'s salary staying the same (he is a free agent). It does not include Ray Emery either. Plus, we\'d need a 4th line.

I know it was wishful thinking but none of it will happen.

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Flyer fans

duballstar014 wrote:
    Beauchemin would probably cost more than we think actually...I don\'t think he\'d be all that cheap of an option. Jones is a similar player and his contract may actually be cheaper than what it would cost to land Beauchemin.

Bouwmeester...I am getting the feeling that a Lupul/Jones + trade for JBo is not going to happen. If it were alluring to Florida, I think the deal would have been made by now, yet those are the same names that keep popping up. We all look at the Flyers roster and salaries and present Lupul, Jones, and Carle. At the end of the day, Holmgren may be forced to cut loose a player making substantially more...:dry:

I\'m just going to sit back and watch. I can\'t imagine Holmgren is very excited about the Cup coming to the west side of Pennsylvania.
    Yeah, Beauchemin, although better than Jones, would cost more. I don\'t think he\'s in the Flyers plans.