Thread: Benn or Grachev??

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Benn or Grachev??

Keeper League. Straight points. Who would you rather have?? And can you please state why you would rather have this player.. This is for the long haul, not only next year..

Benn DALLAS
    or
    Grachev NYR
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Short term: both will post similar number. coz Dallas got too many top6 player, while ranger dun have much.
    Long term: Benn for sure

Dobber Sports Novice

I\'m thinking Benn, I was impressed with Grachev at world juniors but Benn has Sakic qualities although on the wing.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Benn - easier to spell.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I like Grachev. He will get his chance with the Rangers. They are starting to realize that they cannot just buy everything. Maybe not next year but the following for sure.

I just think Benn might be a little overrated or too much hype is a better description. like Hogson, everyone expects him to come in and be a star. I don\'t know about that.
    20 Team Full Keeper (32 man Roster) Points only
    Start 12F 6D 1G

F- Skinner, Nyquist, Koivu, Carter,TJohnson, Kopitar, Tarasenko, Okposo, Williams, Kessel, Voracek, Wheeler, Galchenyuk, Lee

D-Vatanen, Bogosian, J Schultz, MacDonald, Demers, Muzzin, Stone, Edler

G- Halak, C.Anderson, Mason

Dobber Sports Pro

Pretty close but Id take Benn as he will translate better to the NHL. Grachev might have that floater style to him. Plus he\'s Russian so that has to require a discount these days.

Dobber Sports Ace

I think they\'re both going to have good careers in the NHL. From what little I\'ve seen of them (tv and video clips)they\'re different kind of players. Benn looks to be a sniper. A player with a good shot and good instincts of where to be, but his skating is what *might* prevent him from being an upper echelon player. Grachev on the other hand has a very well-rounded offensive game. He can dangle, has a great shot and looks to be a very good skater. He has proven that he can produce if he plays with good players (Duchene and Hodgson).

IMO Grachev has a better chance to be an upper echelon player. He reminds abit of Radulov, only bigger. This is from the Rangers prospects camp from last season (he has surely gotten better since then) but he sure impressed me in this clip
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Thankyou all and thankyou Nehithaw for the clip, very interesting. I think the music made the video better then it actually was. But Grachev looks very shify and pretty quick.

I am stuck between Benn and Grachev, hard to choose right now.
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Prodigy

DuklaNation wrote:
    Pretty close but Id take Benn as he will translate better to the NHL. Grachev might have that floater style to him. Plus he\'s Russian so that has to require a discount these days.
    Got to love the easy labels - especially when it comes to European players.

Other floaters: Gretzky, Lemieux...

Dobber Sports Master

I think Grachev has the better skill. Because of Benn\'s style of play, he may end up being used in more of a two-way role. Grachev is one way, straight to the net, from what I\'ve seen anyway. I take Benn to have the longer career, but Grachev to have the higher point totals, even if in a shorter time frame.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Initiate

Zorro wrote:
    ... I am stuck between Benn and Grachev, hard to choose right now.
    I agree with most all of the above. You mentioned keep-ability for pure points.

I\'d venture this: Grachev will be a better point/GP guy at his peak, but Benn will deliver sooner (i.e. I\'d bet Benn gets more points than Grachev over the next 2-3 years, but that Grachev outpoints him afterwards, and overall).

my 0.25...