Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Joe Sacco named Avs head coach

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Joe Sacco named Avs head coach

The only thing I ever remember about Sacco was that he was my sniper when I was the ducks on the Sega NHL95. I didn\'t have the SNES yet bighabfan so Sega was my niche..

UW great post, HAHA. Who?

maple, man you are going crazy. Calm down my friend, take a breather, and then beat the crap out of something. I would be wild to if the Bruins named a coach like Sacco, oh ya they did. His name was Mike Sullivan, ouch.. HA.. Now go and ask for that raise.
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Star

Zorro wrote:
    The only thing I ever remember about Sacco was that he was my sniper when I was the ducks on the Sega NHL95. I didn\'t have the SNES yet bighabfan so Sega was my niche..

UW great post, HAHA. Who?

maple, man you are going crazy. Calm down my friend, take a breather, and then beat the crap out of something. I would be wild to if the Bruins named a coach like Sacco, oh ya they did. His name was Mike Sullivan, ouch.. HA.. Now go and ask for that raise.
    Mike Sullivan had a .669 winning % in his first year in Providence before getting the promotion. His first year in Boston, 03-04, he put up a respectable .634 winning percentage... he tanked the following year with a .451... I guess the nhl lockout didn\'t do him wonders

Wait... 03-04, wasn\'t that also when Raycroft won the Calder... oh and look at him now... I was so excited the Avs signed him last year :P
    [color=#008000]24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|Hits|BS
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1
    C: Tavares, Duchene, JStaal, Marner, Grigorenko, Dubois, Barzal
    LW: Landeskog, Teravainen, Pearson, Wilson, Pulkkinen, Bittner
    RW: PKane, Gaborik, Virtanen, Rantanen, Stewart, Sprong, Chiasson, Vey
    D: OEL, Barrie, Bogosian, Larsson, McNabb, Oduya, Bigras
    G: Bobrovsky, Korpisalo, Hutton, Hellberg

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

How about we see what Sacco brings to the table before criticizing him. At least they went young. In saying that, Sacco is likely set up for failure (as was Granato) being thrown into this crop of players. For his sake I hope he can grind out this job like he did as a player.

Dobber Sports Guru

duballstar014 wrote:
    mapletreemarty wrote:
    goavsgo wrote:
    Ya, Lake Erie\'s roster is pretty dry of talent, so it\'s not necessarily his fault. I\'m just saying, its not like his results warranted such a huge promotion. This is obviously the work of Lacroix as well, no way Sherman hired Sacco before even having his own press conference. Let\'s hope Lacroix knows what he\'s doing... Maybe they just want Hall really bad?
    On that note I guess we\'ll be re-signing Budaj and Raycroft??? Maybe they can get Andre Racicot to come out of retirement
    I\'d draft Stephane Fiset in the first round if he made a comeback in Denver!
    haha... my favorite goalie as a kid!

Dobber Sports Guru

Dean Youngblood wrote:
    How about we see what Sacco brings to the table before criticizing him. At least they went young. In saying that, Sacco is likely set up for failure (as was Granato) being thrown into this crop of players. For his sake I hope he can grind out this job like he did as a player.
    you totally ripped the comedic hilarity out of this thread, but you make a good point sir.

Dobber Sports Sage

ultrawhiteness wrote:
    Dean Youngblood wrote:
    you totally ripped the comedic hilarity out of this thread, but you make a good point sir.
    Delivery\'s all wrong...he\'s butchering it...
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Gordon Bombay is still searching for a job - I thought the Avs would have been a perfect fit.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

ultrawhiteness wrote:
    Dean Youngblood wrote:
    my apologies UW I was in my teaching mode and probably being too serious. Please continue the comedic replies...after all its just the colorado avalanche. I am glad that someone is in a worse stat than my miserable maple leafs

cheers

Dobber Sports Sage

Dean Youngblood wrote:
    my apologies UW I was in my teaching mode and probably being too serious. Please continue the comedic replies...after all its just the colorado avalanche. I am glad that someone is in a worse stat than my miserable maple leafs

cheers
    :laugh: Nice comeback Dean!
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Ace

Dean Youngblood wrote:
    ultrawhiteness wrote:
    Dean Youngblood wrote:

cheers
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaiN8HjEy74

Take out \"Jeremy\" and put \"Dean Youngblood\" in its place. :P
    20 team h2h (multi-cat) dynasty league, 1st season
    C: Getzlaf, MacKinnon, Eakin, Backlund, Schroeder, Bjugstad, Miller, Gaustad
    LW: M Foligno, Wilson, Tatar, Bailey, Palat
    RW: Ovechkin, Voracek, Frattin, Coyle, Clutterbuck
    D: Barrie, Del Zotto, Brodin, Vatanen, Gudas, Donovan, Murphy, Hamonic, Grossmann, Michalek
    G: Pavelec, Schneider, Enroth

Dobber Sports Veteran

Did anyone else LOL when they saw Joe Sacco was the new coach?
    Follow me for some fantasy hockey, Jays tweets @thelandshock

Dobber Sports Wizard

2010 Headline:

\"Sakic Named as Avs New GM\"

2011 Headline:

\'Sakic Sacks Sacco\'

:cheer:

Haha, love it.

Never heard of the guy, it\'ll be interesting to see what he can do.

Dobber Sports Stud

Dean Youngblood wrote:

cheers
    Not sure if the TEAM is in a worse state, but the management is, that\'s for sure

Let\'s review:

[img size=479]http://www.dobberhockey.com/images/fbfiles/images/Untitled-eaeacc9025f54c531817ce8313c09014.jpg[/img]

Judge for yourself, just don\'t look through those blue tinted glasses.
    20 Team Pool Points Keeper
    G =1,A=1,PPG=1,PPA=0.5, SHG=1,GWG=1,PIM=0.1,+/-=0.25
    Goalie cats (W=2, SO=3, SV=0.05)

F: Malkin, B.Richards, Franzen, D.Brown, Boedker, Zajac, Atkinson, Scheifele, Read, Boyes
    D: Green, Schultz, Faulk, Goligoski
    G: Crawford