Thread: Oshie vs. Loui Eriksson

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Oshie vs. Loui Eriksson

standard yahoo H2H, who has more value in 2 seasons. We do use positional requirements so I\'m leaning toward Eriksson
    Mooseheads: 14 team H2H (CBS)
    +/-,G,A,DG,DA,PIM,PPP,GWG,GAA,SPct,W,
    Dress 8F,4D,2Gweekly,roster22,3Gmax
    F:Benn,Tavares,Backstrom,Galchenyuk,O'Reilly,Kuche rov,E.Kane,Radulov,N.Foligno,T.Ennis,Lee,Hartman,T ,Johnson
    D:Weber,Burns,Werenski,Vlasic,Theodore,Severson
    G:Bishop,Fleury,Mrazek

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I personally think I\'d take Oshie of the two. He\'s going to get more minutes, and he should contribute in more categories than Eriksson.
    Think like a man of action, and act like a man of thought.

Dobber Sports Pro

Next two years I like Eriksson. No brainer with positional requirements.

Eriksson should put up similar points even with Morrow coming back and he scores goals! I wouldn\'t doubt if we see an increase of 5-10 points next season.

Oshie will likely lose minutes with a healthy McDonald. Add in the fact that center is the deepest position.

Don\'t get brainwashed into thinking Oshie is going to hit 80 points within two years. :blink:
    Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League - 2nd Place
    Teams: 12
    Players: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT

Goalies: GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV,SV%,SHO
    Pro(23) Keep(17)
    3C - Toews/Spezza/Rask/Backlund/Dubinsky(LW)
    3LW -Palat/Abdelkader(RW)/Henrique(C)/Soderberg(C)
    3RW - Simmonds/Smith(C)/Little(C)/Jenner(C)/Stafford
    6D - Doughty/Ekman-Larsson/Chara/Braun/Klingberg/Stone/Theodore
    2G - Hellybuyck/Lehner
    IR - Wisniewski/Perreault(C)/Savard/Pavelec
    Farm(10)
    C - Dvorak(LW)
    LW -Lindberg(C)
    RW -
    D - Pulock/Gustafsson
    G - Darling/Hutchinson/Condon/Ullmark//Johnson/Raanta

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Eriksson has progressed every year in the NHL thus far. 19 in 59, 31 in 69 and last year 63 in 83. Now he\'s going into his \"magical\" 4th year. Last year was his break out year though, whether he improves on those numbers or not is hard to say. A lot of this depends on who Louis plays with. With Morrow coming back, Erisksson is going back to the 2nd line. He will get the spot over Neal and benn, so he\'ll play with Richards. The only scary thing is how weak Dallas is at RW, something will have to give. And to make things better for him i noticed this on from the Dobber\'s line combination
    354shifts EVenstrngth 21 ERIKSSON,LOUI - 10 MORROW,BRENDEN - 63 RIBEIRO,MIKE

So that was a starting 1st of the season for Dallas.
    and he finished the season with 601 shifts EV 21 ERIKSSON,LOUI - 29 OTT,STEVE - 63 RIBEIRO,MIKE

Only downside is very little PP time all season long. But either of the top 2 lines could be good for him. And he will probably see more powerplay time this year.
    I like him more than oshie, I will post my thoughts on oshie in a bit.
    10 Team Keeper, NO POSITIONS, POINTS ONLY Keep 20
    D. Sedin, Spezza, Hossa, Eriksson, Iginla, Hodgson, Sharp, Statsny, Bergeron, Pavelski, Letang, Brown, Berglund, Read, Turris, Filppula, Kreider, Palmieri, Schwartz, Baertschi

Dobber Sports Initiate

Tangerine, that is some of the most through advice I\'ve ever received on these boards, +1 and hats off to you!
    Mooseheads: 14 team H2H (CBS)
    +/-,G,A,DG,DA,PIM,PPP,GWG,GAA,SPct,W,
    Dress 8F,4D,2Gweekly,roster22,3Gmax
    F:Benn,Tavares,Backstrom,Galchenyuk,O'Reilly,Kuche rov,E.Kane,Radulov,N.Foligno,T.Ennis,Lee,Hartman,T ,Johnson
    D:Weber,Burns,Werenski,Vlasic,Theodore,Severson
    G:Bishop,Fleury,Mrazek

Dobber Sports Ninja

If you want safe then you go with Eriksson. Oshie has a higher potential ceiling but who knows when or if he\'ll get there.

Also keep in mind that while it was Eriksson\'s third year in the league it was only the first year that he actually played a full season in the NHL.

Dobber Sports Star

Definitely Eriksson for the short term. As much as I like Oshie, methinks he could be heading into a sophomore slump season in the same fashion as Sam Gagner.
    10 Team H2H Points-based Keeper League

G, A, PIM, SOG, +/-
    W, SO, SV, GA

C: H. Sedin, Stamkos, Backstrom, Duchene, Granlund
    LW: D. Sedin, Landeskog, B. Schenn, Tatar, Boedker
    RW: P. Kane, Voracek, Hudler, Silfverberg, Toffoli
    D: Ehrhoff, Edler, Franson, Del Zotto, Myers, R. Ellis, Hamonic
    G: Quick, Bishop, Holtby, Peters, M. Jones

Farm: Terevainen, Nurse, Raanta

League Champion: 2009, 2011, 2013 and 2014

12 Team Roto Dynasty League Champion: 2011 and 2013

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Oshie is a 1st round pick in 05, one of the deepest drafts in recent years. Oshie played and will play with other young guys for years to come. However this only makes the sophmore slump this coming year all the more likely. It will be Berglund\'s and E. Johnson\'s 2nd year (not sure if that\'s as big a problem for D or not, or for Oshie\'s point production. Oshie however outpointed J.V.R. in the NCAA, and had a formidable rookie season with 39 in 57. It\'s hard to say that he had a better 2nd half because of his injury, forcing him to miss all of november. He had 4 pts in 10 games to start the season. (not many 1st year rookies start the season at an incredible pace, but 35 in 47 is a 61 pts rookie season, take that for what it\'s worth, not that much to me)

He had 0 pts in the playoffs, but the Blue looked pretty disappointing to most I would say in the playoffs this year, after their incredible run to get there. Very different than how Carolina faired, after a great run to make the series. But Luongo played INCREDIBLY well, along with the shutdown units of the Canucks. Oshie got less than his avg TOI in the playoffs, because he looked off his game. He still got the nod to play for team USA and had 3pts in 9 games after the playoffs with 12mins avg ice time. I cant say his ice time is much better then Eriksson\'s because their both 2nd liners, with L.E. having a better shot at 1st line minutes.

AGAIN thank you Dobber for the free tools.
    870shifts EVen strength 21 BERGLUND,PATRIK - 74 OSHIE,T.J. - 57 PERRON,DAVID

That was his line, and I\'m not a huge fan of Perron. I like Berglund enough, but again, sophmore season...
    Oshie like Eriksson will get more PP minutes this coming season, but will have to fight very very hard to get 1line PP minutes. If andy Mac and Paul K stay healthy, there\'s one or 2 spots available on that PP, knowing Johnson will be on the blue line. STL liked playing with 4 forwards in the playoffs on the PP, which i can see working well for them.

Oshie gets SH minutes with Backes(when David\'s not in the box) but nothing worth writting home about.
    The bottom line here is Oshie is a much bigger gamble for next year than Eriksson. Multicategory pools, with positions, will only give Louis more of an edge next year. In 2 years, (when you can base the decision off of more years/stats) it will be interesting, and a whole lot closer. When Oshie is going into his 4th year I would want him on my team. But right now STL is over hyped and may not be that much better next year. If they all stay healthy i could be wrong, but ill take the safe bet and go with L.E.
    10 Team Keeper, NO POSITIONS, POINTS ONLY Keep 20
    D. Sedin, Spezza, Hossa, Eriksson, Iginla, Hodgson, Sharp, Statsny, Bergeron, Pavelski, Letang, Brown, Berglund, Read, Turris, Filppula, Kreider, Palmieri, Schwartz, Baertschi

Dobber Sports Pro

Eriksson is a RW. Can play left but Morrow\'s return will affect Neal more than anyone.