Thread: whatever happened to Tomas Holmstrom?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default whatever happened to Tomas Holmstrom?

our playoff league allows you to pick a player for one round of the playoffs only. straight points league.
    after each round the field in the pool is cut in half (plus ties) so that only the top half get to go on to the next round. i\'ve always managed to finish in the top half of the field and if the Wings finish this thing off tonite (like i\'m expecting) then i\'ve got more than a decent shot at moving on to the Final along with at least 3 others. i\'ll have to submit 4 names of guys i haven\'t used so far in the playoffs.

i\'ve already used up Malkin, Crosby, Gonchar, Guerin, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Hossa so i can\'t submit their names. that\'ll mean that Franzen makes the cut easily, Lidstrom too if he\'s healthy and i was looking at Filpulla, Cleary, Kunitz and Holmstrom but i can only pick 2 of them.

the question is though, what happened to Holmstrom? he and Franzen have similar games but Holmstrom hasnt been heard from since C\'bus. right now i\'m leaning toward Flip and Kunitz but Holmstrom should have the skills and just hasn\'t shown it of late.
    any opinions?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Johan Franzen is a younger, more skilled, overall better version of Tomas Holmstrom. He plays tough hockey and isn\'t afraid to get in front of the net. With the abundance of talented forwards on Detroit, Franzen\'s emergence as a power forward has left Holmstrom without a significant roll on Detroit anymore. Throw in the age factor and injuries and you may be witnessing his last playoff run in the NHL. I love Tomas, but not even he can stop the sands of time.
    12 team Yahoo H2H Keeper League (keep 6)
    G, A, P, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    W, L, GAA, SV%, SO

2C - Stamkos
    2LW - Benn
    2RW - Laine, Marner
    4D - Josi
    1Util -
    2G - Rask

Banned

i would go with kunitz and filpula as well

altho kunitz has been fairly invisisble as well

filp i think is a \"must\" go tho

Dobber Sports Stud

i\'m considering picking Rafalski instead of Lidstrom since it really is unknown what impact the captain will have in the series.

seriously considering Franzen, Rafalski, Filppula and Kunitz for the final round but there is also Cleary, Lidstrom, Holmstrom, Fedotenko, Samuelsson to consider.

Banned

especially since lidstrom has an undisclosed injury it may not be a bad idea to go with rafalski...

instead of kunitz, I may be tempted to pick cleary or samuelsson instead. But I would have to have a long look at their stats and what not..

kunitz hasn\'t been that spectacular in my eyes.