Thread: Marleau

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Marleau

Would moving Marleau for Oshie and the 6th pick in this years draft be enough?

Points only keeper league
    12 Team HTH Keeper
    (F's G=1 A=1, D G=1 A=1, All Skaters PPG=.5, SHG=.5 Goalies W=2 SO=3)

Dress 8 F, 4 D, 2 G weekly

F's-Marner, Rantanen, Crosby, Panarin, Guentzel, Caufield, Kaprizov, Lundell, Tomasino, Holtz, Pavelski, Zuccarello, Hagel, Dach

D-Makar, Josi, Doughty Andersson, AP, Hutson

G-Hellebuyck, Fleury, Comrie, Kochetkov, Wolf, Primeau, Sogaard

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Marleau

Do you have a farm team? because you will be guaranteed MSP, Schroeder or Kane if you make the trade but they will all take time to produce points and sitting on your bench is no good to you.

Marleau will never top 80 points again, maybe not even 75. He had an \'awesome year\' this year and only had 71 points. So I do like the trade as Oshie has the upside to someday be a PPG player but if you have no farm it will hurt a little bit short term because Oshie will likely only be a 50 point player next year.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Marleau

yeah no farm. I do have the depth to loose marleau with my other F\'s. Gomez, Gagner, Staal, J.Blake Smyth can all step in. Oshie i feel is going to be a PPG guy in the next 1-2 years.

With the pick I think MSP Schroeder or even Hedman or Ellis are guarenteed to be there.
    12 Team HTH Keeper

F's-Marner, Rantanen, Crosby, Panarin, Guentzel, Caufield, Kaprizov, Lundell, Tomasino, Holtz, Pavelski, Zuccarello, Hagel, Dach

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Marleau

I would say no. Maybe Oshie and a 2nd not a 6th.

Administrator

Default Marleau

With that team I\'m thinking that you are contending now so why sell off a 70 point piece for some youngsters? Oshie\'s PPG days are a few years off still, if he even reaches that level. Whoever you get at 6 will be good but unlikely to contribute soon.

I think it\'s a fair value deal and I don\'t mind the idea of trading Marleau after his big season but I\'m not sure it\'s in the best interests if you can contend now.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Marleau

I actually think in a 10 team league that your team is not all that competitive - I think you are missing too much production on D and are a little soft in goal. How did you do this last season?

I assume you have daily changes of roster so Marleau would be an asset but you have sufficient depth to get by. When you only start 14 out of a roster of 30 it is pretty easy to bury a couple of prospects until they ripen. Two first round picks (yours and his) in what promises to be a decent draft year sure is attractive. I would think long and hard about doing this.

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Marleau

I think it\'s a good deal, Marleau has always been overrated in terms of fantasy hockey, always carries a big name that shouts 90 points but never really cracks 80...

Oshie is a good up and comer and should be fairly productive in the next few years, but you have to give him time. I think Metaldude hit it right on the nail, you have to wait, if you want to contend now it\'s not going to help you by adding Oshie. If you are looking for a few year down the road its a good deal for that.

To me you already have a few decent guys to contend now, but I can see how adding oshie can help you in the future.
    Dobber Expert Pool Champion 2011-12

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Marleau

Shoeless wrote:
    I actually think in a 10 team league that your team is not all that competitive - I think you are missing too much production on D and are a little soft in goal. How did you do this last season?

I assume you have daily changes of roster so Marleau would be an asset but you have sufficient depth to get by. When you only start 14 out of a roster of 30 it is pretty easy to bury a couple of prospects until they ripen. Two first round picks (yours and his) in what promises to be a decent draft year sure is attractive. I would think long and hard about doing this.
    Finished tied for 4th last year. I have improved my team in the off season for sure. We do weekly rosters. I think I\'m competitive and in the top 4 next year as well.
    12 Team HTH Keeper