Thread: which prospects to promote?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default which prospects to promote?

In a keeper pool in which prospects are any player with less than 65 NHL games. Players on the prospect roster don\'t count against cap. Once a prospect is put on the active/bench roster, they must remain on active/bench roster and count against cap.

I have at 3-4 forward spots and maybe a D spot to fill on my active roster. Must submit my final roster by Thursday evening, so I can\'t wait for Thursday cuts, and won\'t be able to change my lines until a week Sunday. Have no info on specific camps and player chances of making teams beyond what\'s on this site.

Which prospects would you promote out of the following, all of whom as far as I can tell are still in camps (key factors: likelyhood of starting the season with the team and likelyhood of sticking beyond the first 9 games; points a lesser consideration, though note that the pool rewards quite nicely for PIM)? Any info on these players\' chances of making their teams would also be great (I know Foligno is almost a lock, and fully expect to see him fight some Leafs Tuesday/Wednesday, but what about the others?):

F:

Foligno (Ott)
    Paille (Buf)
    Koci (Chi)
    Nikulin (Ott)
    Ruzicka (Phi)
    Lindstrom (Clb)
    Conner (Dal)
    Rypien (Van)
    Vrana (NJD)

D:

Finger (Col)
    Belle (Min)
    Borer (Car)

thanks

Post edited by: fzusher, at: 2007/09/26 18:00
    Rebulding in two lifetime keepers, squads to follow ...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re:which prospects to promote?

I think Koci has a good chance to play in CHI and rack up ungodly penalty minutes. After that it\'s slim pickings to make the big club. Maybe Paille or Foligno.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket