Thread: Cogliano NHL bound?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Cogliano NHL bound?

Is Cogliano making the team, especially beyond 9 games? Heard some real positive remarks from Mctavish tonight but no gaurantees.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re:Cogliano NHL bound?

So hard to say at this point. It seems that most of the young guys except Schremp are making a case to make the team. Cogliano has a goal tonight, Nilsson has a goal and an assist and has been playing GREAT tonight, even Pouliot has had a decent game.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Cogliano just scored again to win the game in Overtime for the Oilers for the Shames.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Cogliano had a fantastic game, showing some finishing instincts for the first time at a high level. He was already a dangerous player with his speed and playmaking ability, but he has always wanted to be a sniper, and last night, he was one.

I think he has a good chance to start the year in the top 14 forwards. MacT said in the paper that he wants a dynamic offensive talent to sandwich between Dustin Penner and Ales Hemsky- Gagner, Cogliano and Schremp are the three names he was talking about.

I can see the lineup being as such:

Penner-Gagner-Hemsky
    Torres-Stoll-Nillson
    Sanderson-Horcoff-Cogliano
    Moreau-Reasoner-Brodziak

Extra: Stortini, Pouliot

Dobber Sports Ninja

Can Horcoff keep up to Sanderson/Cogliano? That\'s some SERIOUS speed on that line. Of course I suppose he could always be the trailer as they ran plays.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Horcoff\'s one of the best skaters in the NHL. He doesn\'t get a lot of press for it, but boy is he fast.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yeah I just wasn\'t sure if he (or anyone really!) could keep up with those 2. They are scary.