Thread: Giggy, Matthias for Suter, Brassard

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Giggy, Matthias for Suter, Brassard

Price had me sufficiently scared... I got nervous about banking on him to defend my championship. So I shipped Suter and Brassard for Giggy and Matthias. What do you think of this move? I know Giggy hasn\'t put up the numbers this year, but I\'m hoping he can pull it together for the stretch drive.

Didn\'t really want to give up on Brassard, but I\'ve got depth to spare on the farm and his bandaid boy status was worriesome.

The Airborne Attack
    (GFHL - 14 Team Keeper League 2016 Champions)

F: McDavid, Laine, Monahan, Simmonds, van Riemsdyk, Granlund, Schwartz, Kreider, Oshie, Trochek, Bjugstad
    D: Ekman Larsson, Carlson, Ristolainen, Parayko, Skjei, Ekblad, McNabb
    G: Price, Rinne, Halak, Montoya

Farm: Dvorak, Kaprizov, Ritchie, Rattie, Chabot, Carrick, Johns, Hutton, Sorokin

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I like the deal for you. Allot of people are worried about Giggy but I personally think that he will return to form. His father\'s death really hit him hard but he has good career numbers to back him up.

Good luck to you.

-Hippy
    10 team H2H keeper league
    Weekly Rosters:2C 2LW 2RW 4F 5D 2G
    G5 A5 PIM0.3 Shots0.2 +/-1
    W7 SO7 SV0.2 GA-1
    G: Fleury Huet Smith Howard(F) Bishop(F)
    C: B.Richards Briere (RW) Jokinen Laich Zajac Filpulla Duchene (F) Gerbe(F) Schenn(F) Bowman (F)
    LW: Eriksson Elias Sharp Bourque (RW) Tanguay Malone Leino(F)
    RW: E. Staal (C) Boyes Doan Purcell
    D: Chara Kronwall Whitney Aucoin Wisniewski Sekera Vlasic

Dobber Sports Padawan

Hope you\'re right. If not, at least I\'ve got 3 solid goalies for next season.

The Airborne Attack

F: McDavid, Laine, Monahan, Simmonds, van Riemsdyk, Granlund, Schwartz, Kreider, Oshie, Trochek, Bjugstad

Farm: Dvorak, Kaprizov, Ritchie, Rattie, Chabot, Carrick, Johns, Hutton, Sorokin

Dobber Sports Stud

I liked that trade for you. Filled a need and you got one of Florida\'s top prospect to boot.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I think it works out in your favor! If Price doesn\'t bounce back this year Giggy should be able to be more than a decent starter for you. And Matthias on an up and coming young Florida team could end up being just as productive as Brassard in the long-run.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Sounds like fatal attraction to me - gee I have a goalie who isn\'t doing so good, so I will go and get another one who isn\'t doing so good, just to make sure I am okay for the playoffs. Well I guess you are playing the odds one of them will rebound which are likely fairly decent odds.

You certainly didn\'t sell the farm with the guys you moved, Glen, so I think you are okay on value as well.

Dobber Sports Padawan

That\'s exactly right Shoeless. I struggled with whether Giggy is really an upgrade on a struggling Price given his numbers this year. But I didn\'t want to move any key pieces at other positions to get a top notch goalie... my fear was that I would do this, only to end up benching my new acquisition if Price turns it around. So instead I decided to target a cheaper goalie with potential to do well, and hope that either he or Price will come through in the end. We\'ll see if it works.

The Airborne Attack