Thread: John Tavares injury

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default John Tavares injury

Any news on how serious it is? The only thing I found was he was listed as DTD and was a re-aggravation of his previous shoulder injury. How does this impact him at the draft?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

he will fall to 10th overall lol. he\'s going first overall unless hedman can pull some shit out of his ass. although depending on the team, the first pick might be hedman if they are stacked at forward but weak on d

Dobber Sports Ace

Its not serious at all and it is the other shoulder this time, it wasn\'t re-aggravated. He should be back any day and he will be drafted in June 1st overall.
    20 team h2h (multi-cat) dynasty league, 1st season
    C: Getzlaf, MacKinnon, Eakin, Backlund, Schroeder, Bjugstad, Miller, Gaustad
    LW: M Foligno, Wilson, Tatar, Bailey, Palat
    RW: Ovechkin, Voracek, Frattin, Coyle, Clutterbuck
    D: Barrie, Del Zotto, Brodin, Vatanen, Gudas, Donovan, Murphy, Hamonic, Grossmann, Michalek
    G: Pavelec, Schneider, Enroth

Dobber Sports Initiate

He will be the number 1 pick no matter the team.

Dobber Sports Ninja

No matter what Hedman does I don\'t see Tavares dropping any longer. In my mind he\'s a lock for the first overall now.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I\'m not certain how it will \"impact\" John Tavares but this injury will not affect his draft status.

To expand on the previous comments, there is little Tavares needs to prove during the OHL regular season. His play at the IIHF U-20, Top Prospects Game, All-Star Game, etc. have all but cemented (hell, they have cemented) his status as the top-ranked player.

The Knights knew this when acquiring him and, since the team is only approximately .500 following the deal, London would rather stay the course and see how their healthy roster perform in the playoffs. They aren\'t in any danger of falling with only 13-16 games remaining so they may as well let players rest now while the stakes are low.

This is especially true after that Windsor game where, at one point, Tavares, Del Zotto and Kadri left due to injury.
    G 1.5/A 1.25/+- .75/S .15/PPP 1/SHP 2.5
    GS .75/W 1.75/L -1/SO 4/GA .75/SA .15

C: Malkin; Getzlaf; Toews; Backstrom; Carter; Turris*; Frolik*; Oshie*
    L: Parise; Vanek; Clowe; Hartnell; Semin
    R: Hemsky; Doan; Setoguchi; Sullivan; Ryder; Giroux*
    D: Phaneuf; Green; Boyle; Timonen; McCabe; Barker; Yandle; Shattenkirk*; Goligoski*
    G: Luongo; Nabokov; Brodeur; Bernier*

Dobber Sports Initiate

I\'m going to the Knights-Storm game on Monday.

Tavares, Del Zotto and Kadri should all be in the line-up right?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

tryhard87: Nazem Kadri returned later that game and I can\'t remember if Michael Del Zotto did. Honestly, by the second intermission, neither were noticeable.

Both were in the lineup for London\'s game the following night (they combined for two points in the Knights\' 3-2 overtime loss to the Barrie Colts).

In summation, barring injury in the games against the Erie Otters and Kitchener Rangers, both should play in the game you\'re attending.

As for John Tavares, this is from the London Free Press (I think in Tuesday\'s edition):
    \"For three-and-a-half years I didn\'t miss any games due to injury, and now I\'ve missed a couple,\" the OHL\'s leading scorer said. \"I\'m hoping to get back in (on Friday against Erie). It\'s much better. The prognosis is good. The x-rays came back negative.
    G 1.5/A 1.25/+- .75/S .15/PPP 1/SHP 2.5
    GS .75/W 1.75/L -1/SO 4/GA .75/SA .15

C: Malkin; Getzlaf; Toews; Backstrom; Carter; Turris*; Frolik*; Oshie*
    L: Parise; Vanek; Clowe; Hartnell; Semin
    R: Hemsky; Doan; Setoguchi; Sullivan; Ryder; Giroux*
    D: Phaneuf; Green; Boyle; Timonen; McCabe; Barker; Yandle; Shattenkirk*; Goligoski*
    G: Luongo; Nabokov; Brodeur; Bernier*

Dobber Sports Initiate

thanks. karma for you.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I\'m from Vancouver, but happened to be at the London Knights game on Friday against Erie. JT had a few good plays, but didn\'t show his elite status, IMO. Floated around the red line a bit waiting for his \'mates to do the dirty work.....My guess is he\'s still not 100%, but it was a treat to watch him go though. To me, Kadri was the more interesting player that night. He dangled a number of times through the neutral zone and turned 3-4 different defencemen inside-outside on his way to the net.

JT seems like he\'s not big enough yet too. There\'s tons of examples of awesome smaller players, but for the attention he\'s going to get, I believe he\'s got to bulk up a bit.

and yes, he will still go #1. He would have to be in jail or something to not go #1.....

Dobber Sports Pro

hope he is better tonight... im heading to the kitchener/london game right now
    12 Team, Head to Head Points Keeper League (Keep 7)
    G(3), A(2), PPP(0.75), SHP(1), HITS(0.15), BKS(0.1)
    W(3), SV(0.05), SO(3)

C (2), LW (2), RW (2), D (4), UTIL (1), G (2), BENCH (5)