Thread: Heatley/Turco for Lundqvist/Malkin?

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Heatley/Turco for Lundqvist/Malkin?

I\'m in 12 team single year yahoo league with the categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, SH%, W, GAA, SV%. There\'s no distinction between the forward positions in our league. We start 9 F, 4 D, and 2 G with daily lineup changes and a minimum 4 games/wk for the goalie position I believe.

We\'ve got 3 or 4 rounds left in our draft, but as it stands right now, my team is:
    Shanahan, Jagr, Avery, Drury, Malkin, Gaborik, Rolston, Sykora, Gionta, Nagy, Dumont, Vyborny up front
    Mara, Weber, and Chara on the blueline
    Lundqvist and Legace in goal

A person in my league wants Lundqvist because she\'s a big Rangers fan (and he\'s pretty darn good). She offered me Heatley and Turco (who\'s my favorite goalie not named Hasek...also pretty darn good) for Malkin and Lundqvist.

It seems like a pretty even trade, but one of my downfalls as a fantasy player (in any sport) is that I\'m SO reluctant to make trades. So I just want a little confirmation that this trade wouldn\'t be friggin\' idiotic.

Based on the drafts I\'ve seen, it seems like I\'d be getting pretty good value and since it\'s a one-year deal it doesn\'t really matter that I\'m giving up up-and-comers.

What do you all think? Thanks!

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re:Heatley/Turco for Lundqvist/Malkin?

i\'d stick with malkin and lundquist,even though heatley and turco are close.just too much upside with malkin playing in pitts with crosby and co., and lundquist is in the cusp of elite status.
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

Dobber Sports Star

malkin lundqvist

purely age in this trade. lundy is like 6 years younger than turco. malkin is 3-4 years younger than heater
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Ace

Kovalchuck -

This is a one year league, so age really doesn\'t have much impact in reviewing this trade.

Packer -

Lundqvist is definately positioning himself to be a top 5 keeper this year. Malkin is well, awesome.

Looking at your team though, you need to do something, though not in my opinion this trade. More than one third of your roster is from the New York Rangers. The Rangers are likely a playoff team and Avery/Jagr/Drury/Lundqvist/Shanahan/Mara are all worthy fantasy players, however you limit yourself drastically in the games per week played at various positions by having such a large concentration of players from one team.

Look at moving two of these guys for an upgrade. Keep in mind Vyborny just got hurt and might be out a while.

If you don\'t move at least one of your Rangers, in my opinion you are at a significant disatvantage.

Post edited by: Enapai, at: 2007/09/17 21:14
    Dyn H2H (14 tm) - Start 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, Bench - 8, Farm - 20 (less than 100 GP) Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, SOG, STP, H+B, TOI, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO

Dobber Sports Apprentice

in a 1 year league this is a no brainer.

keep HEATLEY!! MVP in most leagues last year, no reason to deal him for malkin in a 1 year league.
    e11 team league
    F: Zetterberg, St. Louis, Iginla, Datsyuk, Alfredsson, Arnott, Forsberg, Stillman, Whitney, Knuble, Morrow, Holmstrom, Sakic, Doan
    D: McCabe, Lidstrom, Spacek, Markov, Schneider, Chara, Timonen
    G: Biron, Toskala, Ramo
    2ND PLACE

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Sort of one of those situations where it is so damn close that you wonder why you would do it - I think Heater is still slightly more valuable than Malkin - SH points being a cat for you - Staal is the Pens penalty killer.

I would take Lundie over Turco this year although the way Turco played in the playoffs - if he continues and Dallas somehow keeps their act together - this too may be a wash.

Anyway you can get a little more out of her? She wants this trade so motivated to make a deal - that puts you in the driver\'s seat.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Thanks for the responses everyone!

To clarify a couple of things:
    If you don\'t move at least one of your Rangers, in my opinion you are at a significant disatvantage.
    -That is great advice for normal leagues, but I probably should\'ve mentioned this in my original post: The reason I have so many Rangers is that the way we do things in our league is that everyone picks a team and protects six players from it. Last year we did it with the Original Six, but this year expanded it to 12 teams since obviously our teams were stacked last season. Everyone is at the same disadvantage WRT guys playing on the same night, so it\'s fair. Plus it gives everyone an extra team to kind of root for and keep an eye on.

-Primeau25: I\'d be acquiring Heatley and Turco. Am I to assume that means you\'d be voting \"Yes\" on doing it then?

Lundqvist is definately positioning himself to be a top 5 keeper this year. Malkin is well, awesome.
    It is hard to give up two players with as much upside as those two have. Lundqvist\'s defense corps scares me just a little bit. It\'s a tough call because Heatley and Turco are really good and pretty consistent. You know what you\'re getting with them. Lundqvist and Malkin are ready to break into the elite, but it\'s hard to project what to expect from either of them (which is why this is kind of scary).

Sort of one of those situations where it is so damn close that you wonder why you would do it - I think Heater is still slightly more valuable than Malkin - SH points being a cat for you - Staal is the Pens penalty killer.

I would take Lundie over Turco this year although the way Turco played in the playoffs - if he continues and Dallas somehow keeps their act together - this too may be a wash.
    And I imagine that Heatley\'s +/- will still be better than Malkin\'s as well.

It is damn close though. I\'ve been waffling on this trade for almost a week now. Some days I feel like I should jump on it, other days I\'m really reluctant. Again, that\'s one of my big downfalls as a fantasy manager in any sport: I\'m so gunshy about trades.

Anyway you can get a little more out of her? She wants this trade so motivated to make a deal - that puts you in the driver\'s seat.
    Possibly...here\'s her team:
    F: Heatley, Spezza, Alfredsson, Fisher, Gomez, Tkachuk, Backstrom, Koivu, Weight
    D: Phillips, Timonen, Bouwmeester, Zubov, Redden, Blake
    G: Turco, Emery, Gerber

I listed my roster above (the only other guy I\'ve added is Steve Sullivan--a point per game guy in the 18th round who I can stash on IR for two months was a no-brainer for me).

Based on the fact that Lundqvist went ahead of Brodeur and Kipper in Dobber\'s Expert\'s Draft, I do feel like I should probably get a little more in this deal. The only problem is that I doubt she\'d give up Spezza or Alfredsson as well, and I don\'t really like the rest of her forwards that much. I do have a need for another defenseman and she\'s pretty solid there, though, so maybe a forward for a defenseman swap would work...any ideas?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Well the Expert draft does indicate that Lundies stock is up there - but I would still wonder if he is really better than Luongo, Brodeur and Kipper for 1 year - but that\'s small cheese.

I do think it is close enough that if you got a D guy out of the deal it would be worth doing but it might have to be a D upgrade - not sure why she would swap a D for a forward. I might play on her love of the King and throw Rolston at her in the mix for any of her D guys besides Phillips and Blake and see what she does. Failing that I likely try one of my D guys for an upgrade.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I would go with Malkin and Lundqvist. Lundqvist will do way better than Turco. I wouldnt be surprised if Mike Smith stole quite a few games from Turco this year and challenged his starting job near the end of the season. I honestly think that Malkin and Heatley will be pretty close in total points if not Malkin coming out on top. To me there would be no quations here take Malkin and Lundqvist even if it is only a one year league.
    Points Only, H2H, #1
    C - Stamkos, Toews, Berglund, Bailey, Colborne
    LW - Neal, Burrows, J. Jokinen, MacArthur, Fleischmann
    RW - Gaborik, Kessel, Stafford, Hornqvist, Wheeler, Doan, Tedenby
    D - Doughty, Visnovsky, Whitney, Weber, Goligoski, Letang, Larsson
    G - Thomas, Rinne, S. Mason, Bernier, Rask

Points Only H2H, #2
    C - Thornton, Spezza, Koivu, Carter, Gomez
    LW - Ovechkin, Neal, Elias, S. Kostitsyn, Ennis
    RW - Kane, Hemsky, Hossa, Perry, Doan
    D - Weber, Boyle, Gonchar, Markov, Rundblad, Elliot
    G - Luongo, Bryzgalov, Elliot, Salak, Bernier