Thread: Any other Hab fan a bit happy Latendresse is out?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Any other Hab fan a bit happy Latendresse is out?

Hi folks... I\'m not the type to ever wish injury on people but I am somewhat relieved to see Guy Carboneau forced to give a younger kid Latendresse\'s top 6 minutes... for years he has played on a good line and all I have ever seen \"Gui\" do is run hard at a guy and miss him, hit the boards on the forecheck and then get caught up ice... I mean, why waste top 6 or even top 9 minutes on a big young guy who is not at all progressing? Send him to the minors for a 10-12 game stint to get his confidence up or something... let some of the hard working kids have a chance playing with Koivu. For a young guy his size, he needs to develop his coordination and confidence around the net. If he doesnt progess after a couple of seasons, then your window of opportunity is getting smaller and you would be better off letting him get 20+ mins against weaker opponents to get his confidence up. I am one Hab fan who is glad that he wont be occupying a top 6 spot for the next 8 weeks...

Let Pax, Sergei, or Dagostini audition for that role.
    Dobberites Unite! 12 Team H2H $$ Keeper League
    C: Malkin, Krejci, Wilson, Schenn
    W: Zetterburg, D Sedin, Mueller, Horton, Benn
    D: Suter, Edler, Myers, Burns
    G: Fleury, Brodeur, S Mason, M Smith
    -- Keep 17 with salary cap

Dobber Sports Giant

I hear you and somehow partly agree with you. However, I think they just sent him too many different messages (play style) over the years that he now don\'t know exactly what to do, what is his role.

Also, despite being a good way to get his confidence back, they CAN\'T send him down to Hamilton as he would have to clear waivers in to do so. MTL already lost too many players like this (I think Beauchemin was one of them) and I\'m sure they don\'t want this to happen again.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I am very happy, let PACIORETTY play now. He is the real deal, don\'t let him explode until I get ahold of him in my one other league though, HA!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Chicleteur wrote:
    I hear you and somehow partly agree with you. However, I think they just sent him too many different messages (play style) over the years that he now don\'t know exactly what to do, what is his role.

Also, despite being a good way to get his confidence back, they CAN\'T send him down to Hamilton as he would have to clear waivers in to do so. MTL already lost too many players like this (I think Beauchemin was one of them) and I\'m sure they don\'t want this to happen again.
    Good call on the waivers... that is a tough spot for both him and the team because he surely isnt progressing in the nhl as quickly as most hab fans would have liked. When he first made the team out of camp I thought he would get his 9 games in and go back down, after he passed the mark, I thought he had a good rookie campaign but his 2nd season was more of the same of the first - 2 or 3 good dominant games, and then 8 or 9 ghost games. I agree with zorro... Pax will do really well as would Sergei or D\'agostini. One thing the Habs dont lack in are prospects... Too bad they couldnt convert a few of them for a stud C
    Dobberites Unite! 12 Team H2H $$ Keeper League
    C: Malkin, Krejci, Wilson, Schenn
    W: Zetterburg, D Sedin, Mueller, Horton, Benn
    D: Suter, Edler, Myers, Burns
    G: Fleury, Brodeur, S Mason, M Smith
    -- Keep 17 with salary cap

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Tender\'s developing pretty nicely this year I think... showing a lot more speed especially. It\'s too easy to forget he\'s only 21... isn\'t it a bit crazy to talk about replacing him with younger players?!

Gotta let him find his game, bigger players usually need quite a few seasons to start producing. He\'s heading in the right direction.
    20 team H2H keeper. Keep 10. Now drafting...
    Start 2C, 2L, 2R, 2W, 2F, 4D, 1G daily
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG and W,GAA,SV%,SO

C: Getzlaf, Zetterberg, Mueller, Gerbe
    L: Parise, Elias, Prust, Pouliot
    R: Gaborik, Briere, Clarkson, Brouwer
    D: Weber, Yandle, E. Johnson, Zidlicky
    G: Howard, Gustavsson, Fasth

Farm: Toffoli, Tatar, Lehner, Josi

Dobber Sports Giant

starglider wrote:
    Tender\'s developing pretty nicely this year I think... showing a lot more speed especially. It\'s too easy to forget he\'s only 21... isn\'t it a bit crazy to talk about replacing him with younger players?!

Gotta let him find his game, bigger players usually need quite a few seasons to start producing. He\'s heading in the right direction.
    Oh definitely! I agree with you starglider. I really liked what I saw early in the season. He\'s young and \"power forward\" takes more time to develop.

Dobber Sports Genius

Laten\"WHO\" ??? B)