Thread: Weber Not on top Preds PP Unit??????

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Weber Not on top Preds PP Unit??????

I watched the Nashville/Vancouver game last night and was shocked to NOT see Weber on the top Predator PP unit. Instead, Trotz played four forwards - Dumont, Arnott, Sullivan, Bonk with Suter. Sullivan was on the point with Suter. Weber was on the second unit. Can anybody explain how one of the best defensemen in the NHL this season with the second hardest shot in the NHL gets moved off the top unit in favor of a forward who just spent the past year and a half on the shelf? How does Bonk deserve time with the top unit?
    11 team one year Roto league
    Goals, Assists, PIMs, Wins, GAA
    18 man rosters
    F- Briere, Vanek, Grabovsky, Hossa, Krejci, Lecavalier, Pavelski, Hemsky, Spezza, Konopka
    D- Boyle, Edler, Phaneuf, Subban, Fowler

G- Luongo, Lehtonen, Crawford

Dobber Sports Prodigy

because there pp isn`t that great for nashville and I am pretty sure the coach just wanted to shuffle things up

Preds have trouble putting the puck in the net

Super Moderator

You\'re right, it\'s very odd. It sure doesn\'t leave Weber much to work with on the 2nd unit. But I don\'t see that changing in the next game or 2 as they had 3 power play goals last night (more than they\'ve had all year in a game) and it looked real good so I don\'t think they\'ll mess around with that success.
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

they did have three PP goals... but I agree I was very surprised they weren\'t even using their best weapon on the top unit.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

does this mean weber a sell high guy right now?
    Team #1
    H2H keeper, G,A, W,SO,GA,SA
    111.5 Mil sal cap, NHL Contracts. Keepers; 6 Fwd, any combo of D and G to =3, 1 Rookie. Farm team doesn't count

LW; Giroux, Vrana, Gourde, Erne, Blackwell Nichushkin
    C; Crosby, Stamkos, Krejci, Malkin, McCann Vlardi, Kurashev
    RW; Rantanen, Konecny, Neiderreiter Wilson, Brown, Smith, Tanev
    D; Makar, Hughes, Josi, Hedmen, Fox, Petro, Matheson
    G; Hart, Grubauer, Sorkin

Prosect list; Krebs, Peterka, Brannstrom

Team #2
    H2H Keeper, Multi Cat, 10 keepers.

F- McDavid, Crosby, Marchand, Pastrnak, Panarin, Malkin, Geuntzel
    D- Barrie, Jones, Yandle, Klingberg
    G- Price, Binnington Hart
    Prospect- Hart, Dubois, Q. Hughes

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think he\'s more of a sell even right now, i believe he will repeat this year for years to come.

Dobber Sports Recruit

jlucas09 wrote:
    I think he\'s more of a sell even right now, i believe he will repeat this year for years to come.
    Weber is like Phaneuf\'s brother from another mother.

They\'ll put up 40-60 points ever year, good goal and shot totals, and good powerplay point totals.

I wouldn\'t sell him just because bonk and sullivan are on the top pp unit. Do you really think that bonk and sully are nashville\'s long term pp solutions?

I look at this as a lesser version of the \"healthy scratch\" method. Perhaps Trotz dropped weber to the 2nd unit so that he could put him back on the top unit in a game or so and hopefully jump start weber and the top pp.

I think the fact that nashville got three pp goals was just a happy coincidence. I don\'t expect this top unit to be their long run solution by any means.

Dobber Sports Giant

Did I ever told you guys that I hate Trotz??? I hate the way he play with his guys. Remember Rads ice time?

I really hope that Lanky is right on this one and that he\'ll be back on the top unit pretty soon.

Dobber Sports Pro

i was watching the game to and it should be noted that weber was on the ice for both the first and third powerplay goals. the first powerplay goalwas scored by the second unit, the third was a combination of the two units. jones and legwand mustve not had the chance to get on the ice, arnott and dumont were out there with weber, hamhuis and erat.

either way im also worried as a weber owner battling for first
    12 Team, Head to Head Points Keeper League (Keep 7)
    G(3), A(2), PPP(0.75), SHP(1), HITS(0.15), BKS(0.1)
    W(3), SV(0.05), SO(3)

C (2), LW (2), RW (2), D (4), UTIL (1), G (2), BENCH (5)

Dobber Sports Initiate

I\'m a Weber owner as well, but i am not worried what so ever. I didnt watch the game, but i\'m sure its only temporary. Unless Trotz is telling the GM hey i want to get fired already, i cant see Weber staying on the 2nd PP for long. I think it was more about getting Sullivan going then anything

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Then why not move Sullivan to forward and sit Bonk???? Weber has been leading the Preds in PP points and goals all year, so Trotz takes out his most productive player to give the PP a boost? I also despise the way Trotz dishes out ice time.
    18 man rosters
    F- Briere, Vanek, Grabovsky, Hossa, Krejci, Lecavalier, Pavelski, Hemsky, Spezza, Konopka

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Then why not move Sullivan to forward and sit Bonk???? Weber has been leading the Preds in PP points and goals all year, so Trotz takes out his most productive player to give the PP a boost? I also despise the way Trotz dishes out ice time.
    18 man rosters

Banned

the reason why bonk is on the 1st pp unit is because of the fact that he provides the best screen on our team.

I think it worked great to have weber on the 2nd unit. Sulli has a pretty wicked chemistry with arnott and dumont. Suter provides the left hand shot they are short, and bonk the screen. To me that\'s a wicked pp unit. May not be good for fantasy owners (i got weber too) but weber will still post nice numbers anyway.

it spreads out our talent a little bit better, and nashville is in desperate need of goals, so anything works I guess.

Both PP units pretty much played about 1 minute of each PP anyway, so it doesn\'t mean less PP time (maybe a little bit but not by much)

Although many of you hate Trotz, he is one of the better coaches in this league IMO. He doesn\'t put weber on 2nd unit because he thinks that weber is disapointing or anything. He just wants the team to win, and that\'s all that counts for him. It has for the past 10 years.
    Trotz is a great coach. It\'s not his fault that we lost Kariya, Timonen, Hartnell, Upshall, Forsberg, and others in the last 1,5 / 2 years. With the team he has to work with, he is doing a better job than any other guy would do with the same group

+1 to Barry Trotz!