Thread: Mike Cammalleri - cha ching!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Mike Cammalleri - cha ching!

Mike \"Contract Year\" Cammalleri is probably dreaming of dollar signs after another hattrick.

Dean Lombardi traded him because he knew Cammalleri wanted big bucks and a shot at the open market. I wonder if Sutter can convince another high ticket Flame to take a home team discount?
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Ninja

Other contract year players having career years in the East:

Kessel, Krejci, Booth, Zajac, Zherdev, Dubinsky, Kuba, Grabovski, Eminger, Goligoski, Clemmensen, Bouwmeester, Craig Anderson, T.Ruutu, Stafford, Axelsson, Hunwick all come to mind.

To weigh in on your question, no I think Cammalleri goes to the highest bidder.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

the only flame with a big contract expiring july 1 is Aucoin who is currently making 4mil, with him currently 34 i could see him taking a pay cut as hes getting older. The flames also need to resign: Pardy(RFA) on D, a backup of some sort, and resign: Boyd(RFA), Moss, Bertuzzi, Roy or sign equivalents on Forward along with Cammy. Boyd, Moss and Pardy are probably due to be bumped up slightly.

What do you guys think about Cammy? somewhere in range of 5.5-6mil? Which is an extra 2.15-2.65mil cap hit compared to his current 3.35mil (numbers according to NHLnumbers.com). Which is quite a bit with the cap either staying the same or dropping slightly for next season.

Im guessing Aucoin\'s willingness to take a pay cut would depend on how the post season goes.
    Ten Team H2H, Daily Starts
    G A P +/- PPP SHG ATOI SOG HIT DPts | W SO GAA SV%

F(10):
    D(4):
    UTIL(2):
    G(3):
    BN(2)/IR(1)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

If Cammalleri puts up over 40 goals (looks to be in the bag), I think 5-6 is probably pretty realistic.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Stud

It was slow in the first half but January made it all worthwhile.

I\'m contemplating holding him as my 8th keeper over Roy.
    I think Roy is more consistent though, but Cammy should flirt with 40 goals most seasons.

I believe that his upside would be about 90 points though. Thoughts?
    Sneeze Girl: retired (Brett Favre'd)

9 Keeper, 7 Teams:

1 G, 1 A, 1 PPA, 1 PPG, 2 GWG, 1 SHG, +/-

3 WIN, -1 LOST, 5 SHUTOUT, -0.5 GA, 0.3 SV, -0.2 SHOT

The Magnificent One

my only concern with cammy is that yes he has been a proven goal scorer but i think he needs the help. this season he is taking it from iginla.. read an artcile on another site that mentioned only reason why iginla isnt scoring is because of cammy.. so it is a thought to think about where does he go next? will he have that impact player to help him out?

his carrer has been up and down.. 30 goals then under 20 and now back up.. still not convinced he can do it alone.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Stud

You\'re right about how much he can do it alone.

Still, he got 80 points with really Frolov two years ago.

He\'s always going to be guaranteed somebody to play with. Starting on the second line, he earned a spot on the first. The book is out on him regarding his consistency for sure.
    Sneeze Girl: retired (Brett Favre'd)

9 Keeper, 7 Teams:

1 G, 1 A, 1 PPA, 1 PPG, 2 GWG, 1 SHG, +/-

3 WIN, -1 LOST, 5 SHUTOUT, -0.5 GA, 0.3 SV, -0.2 SHOT

Dobber Sports Sage

angus wrote:
    Dean Lombardi traded him because he knew Cammalleri wanted big bucks and a shot at the open market. I wonder if Sutter can convince another high ticket Flame to take a home team discount?
    Well...he also knew that Cammalleri would never re-sign in Los Angeles no matter how much money they threw his way. He was disgusted with the way they treated him in arbitration.

I was always a big fan of Cammy and couldnt be happier to own him this season. The league I have him in counts hat tricks as a stat. I never thought I\'d have 2 from Cammy. Cha ching indeed!
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Pro

I will also credit Keenan for pulling his head out of his Culo and finally playing Camel and Iggy together as my fantasy team prospers on it
    14 team league - 16 Keepers max 2 goalies - G,A,P,+/-,PPP,SHP,SOG,PIM, FW, W, GAA,SV, SV%, SHO

Use the Schwartz

C: Mike Richards (lw) Henrik Sedin, Strome, Kuznetsov
    RW: Iginla, Voracek, Eriksson (lw), Gagner (c)
    LW: Parise, Nash, Schwartz
    D: Karlsson, Barrie, Hedman
    G: Luongo, Crawford

might dump one of eriksson or gagner to keep Leddy

@Rusty_Pickles Tweet Tweet.