Thread: Dollar Values

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Dollar Values

Does anyone know if there is a free service that allows users to go in and plug their hockey league parameters to get dollar values on all active NHL players during the season?

I use Rototimes for this for baseball during the season and it is as great tool to use for evaluating trade offers. Is there such a thing for hockey?

Thanks in advance.

SC

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re:Dollar Values

I just use nhlnumbers.com for salary numbers and then have every team keep track of their own cap. After the rooster I make sure everyone is under the cap and anyone who isnt has to release players until they do fit.

Dobber Sports Icon

nhlnumbers is the best site I know of.

I use them for all my salary cap information.
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I believe he is asking for a dollar value for players based on his actual fantasy scoring parameters.

NHLnumbers.com is a great site but it does not do this.
    My pool
    Goals = 1 point, Assists = 1/2 point, Goals Against = -1/2 point

Fowards: S. Stamkos, J. Neal, M. Moulson, M. Read, N. Foligno, B. Wheeler, L. Stempniak, J. Pavelski, B. Flynn, S. Bernier

D-men: S. Weber, PK Subban, D. Phaneuf, J. Carlson, TJ Brodie, B. Smith, M. Irwin, B. Dillon, K. Cumiskey,

Goalies: Nashville, Chicago, St. Louis

Farm: T. Rattie, R. Johansen, A. Killorn, J. Zucker, J. Akeson, M. Sgarbossa, A. Yogan, M. St. Croix, M. Friberg, E. Gelinas, A. Ness, J. Muzzin, MA Bourdon, S. Harrington, R. Smith, C. Emmerton, M. Mayorov, I. Makarov, P. Maroon

Dobber Sports Ninja

I created my own dollar value formula in excel for our roto pool. I factored all our categories and had to figure out how to tweak the goalie values because of GAA.

We use G, A, Pts, +/-, PiM, Def Pts and for the goalies we use a weighted combination of Wins (2 pts) + OTL (1 pt) + Shutouts (3 pts) for one category and GAA for the other.

I tried a number of variations in the formulas, with the goal being to get the ranking right and not have some freaky anomolies - like a 2 pt goon being more valuable than a 50 pt, -20 forward.

If you want some help, post your pool details, active roster size, position breakdown, scoring categories, etc and I can try to figure out a solution using excel.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket