Thread: Ducks flying under the radar?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Ducks flying under the radar?

2 Duckies that I picked up off waivers in FA for my dynasty team this past season. For most people, you're probably only looking at these guys if your in a league with 16+ teams that also has modest to large farm rosters but they could also be someone you take a flier on later depending on how things develop. (all the quotes will be from DP site)

First one: Yegor Sidorov
    A RW WHL 19 year old with goal heavy numbers (50 in 66 games, 15 in 16 playoff games). I've not personally seen him except for in highlight videos but it's said that he has really good hands and a versatile arsenal of shooting abilities. There could eventually be an opening for a shooting winger on a team that sports some talented playmakers.

"He knows how to score goals and is helped by his quick release and excellent one-timer on his off-wing. He has elite level stick handling."
    "His playing style reminds me a little of Markus Naslund, as Sidorov possesses a quick, hard wrist or snap shot and gets into position well to get his one-timer off on the power play". Grant Campbell

WHL highlights (the one-handed wrap-around... wow)

Other Duck:
    Rodwin Dionicio
    OHL Overager LD drafted in 2023 (passed over in his first year of eligibilty). He perhaps has some potential that alot of the other Ducks D don't possess. Minty and Zelly are both RD, Luneau is small(er), and Warren is more of a stay at home guy. Dionicio isn't huge (6' 2" 205lbs) but he plays aggressively (100 pims) and he also has enough offensive ability (25 goals) to play alongside one of the aforementioned RD. He actually doesn't appear on the DP site nor in the prospects guide but I thought his size and ability might be worth a look if you have the room to take flier. He's already 20 so camp this season will be a good indicator, he should excel in theory but you'll know quickly what you've got in any case.

WJC highlights

Any thoughts or opinions are welcome (maybe even drop a suggestion for another player as well)

16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Ducks flying under the radar?

Awesome.
    This site is so great for people sharing - whether the player hits or misses... great to share what you see.

I did see Dionicio in several Memorial Cup highlights.
    I saw him do some tactful things offensively, but if you watch ALL the Memorial Cup highlights... there is also him making gaffes/whiffs on some key goals against.
    (Not knocking - just saying... mistakes can be seen).

REP for the post - for sure!

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Ducks flying under the radar?

*Edited to add highlights*
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson