Thread: Who Would You and Why?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Who Would You and Why?

Okay between Catton, Parekh, Lindstrom, Z. Buium and Iginla in a bangers league who would you take and why??
    For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Romans 10:13

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Who Would You and Why?

None of these kids scream "banger" so that really wont play in much here for me.

I would go with Lindstrom as I feel he has the best tool kit in this group but his injury past does seem a tad concerning. Iginla would be my 2nd choice. I am not taking a D here.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    None of these kids scream "banger" so that really wont play in much here for me.

I would go with Lindstrom as I feel he has the best tool kit in this group but his injury past does seem a tad concerning. Iginla would be my 2nd choice. I am not taking a D here.
    Wow really hey? I was heavily leaning on Catton but Parekh is very tempting. Lindstrom has the best multicat potential at least I think so. But there are so many guys who are sour on his ceiling being only around 60-70 points. Thanks for the advice definitely causing me to rethink it a bit.

Dobber Sports Deity

Honestly, until we see where these kids end up in the actual NHL draft, we are basing our information off scouting reports for the most part. I am a fan of Lindstrom clearly but I can appreciate why you like Catton as well.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Honestly, until we see where these kids end up in the actual NHL draft, we are basing our information off scouting reports for the most part. I am a fan of Lindstrom clearly but I can appreciate why you like Catton as well.
    Nope you’re 100% right about that. I’ve heard some guys think Catton will slip to 9-10 which doesn’t resonate with me. It’s a tough choice having such a high pick because if I get it wrong it’s a wasted asset.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Depends on positional allocation:
    Lindstrom or Iginla, for me, if quality Fs are most important. From what I've read/seen, Lindstrom first.
    Buium, for me, if a quality D has big importance.

I don't think Catton or Parekh are going to be multi-cat dynamos, personally.

Dobber Sports Superstar

All speculation at this point for sure but from what I can gather Lindstrom is perhaps the best option for multi cat leagues if indeed that is what you are looking for. I have to say, if he produces the hits and PIM and SOG and puts up 60 - 70 pts, well that's a very nice banger IMO. Guys like Brady Tkachuk are big time few and far between and being sour on a big bodied physical prospect who projects at 70 pts doesn't make much sense to me if you feel the player will bring the physical game to the NHL level. Again, it sounds like Lindstrom could well be that kind of prospect.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Stud

Banger? The only one that qualifies is Lindstrom (big power forward). Tij isn't physical in that way. He's not his father and never takes penalties. Buium, maybe as he has some size. Parehk and Catton as good as they are don't qualify as bangers. If I'm picking in a pts league with hits, I'm probably taking Lindstrom, but Parehk based on pts and position may be worth more (in my leagues due to position).

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by TeamRamrod View Post
    Banger? The only one that qualifies is Lindstrom (big power forward). Tij isn't physical in that way. He's not his father and never takes penalties. Buium, maybe as he has some size. Parehk and Catton as good as they are don't qualify as bangers. If I'm picking in a pts league with hits, I'm probably taking Lindstrom, but Parehk based on pts and position may be worth more (in my leagues due to position).
    Wow I’m shocked Lindstrom is the consensus. But let me turn the tables would it not be better to reach for pure upside as in a Parekh or Catton? And again no guarantees who stays until 5. But I find in such deep leagues upside is king and I don’t see Lindstrom as a Tkachuk…he’s probably closest to it in this draft and I was low on both Tkachuks in their respective draft years and both have made me look like an idiot (to myself thankfully lol). Man a whole new layer has been added to this. Lots to think about. The other forum I asked a similar question and Parekh was the consensus. Not making this easy guys haha!!