Thread: Stutzle/kaprizov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Stutzle/kaprizov

16 team dynasty league I am currently trying to build a roster that’s competitive but young ( I want a large window ) I won the championship last year but I do enjoy shaking things up. Scoring category are G, A, PTS, Hits, FOW, SOG, BLKs, TOI, W, Sv%, GAA, Sv. Max of 2 goalies on active roster. Minor eligibility is 150 games

My team-

C-, Eichel, Gourde, Barkov, Joel Ericksson Ek, Beniers and Hintz

LW-, Landeskog, Hall, Stutzle and Jack Hughes

RW-Pasternak, Rantanen, Tuch, Vatrano and Nichuskinin

D- Dahlin, Makar , McAvoy, Adam Larsson, Hamilton and Matheson

G- Demko and Korpisalo

Picks-8th overall and 31st overall

Real size roster with 7 player bench, 3 claims a week and unlimited minor streaming (key to my strategy), unlimited IR

Prospects- Voronokov, Pospisil, Drury, Bordeleau , Shane Wright, Akil Thomas, Pomynarov, Jason Blake, Andrew Cristall , Aku Raty, Tysplakov, Danila Yurov, Nikishin, Carcone, Olofsson, Posphil, Kolyachonok, Malenstyn, Danforth, Zamula, Desharnais, and Brock Faber

I was offered- Kaprizov, Debrincat and 5th overall for Stutzle, Beniers and 8th overall

My initial thought is no because I think Stutzle will return to a 90 point player next year and is a better multicat player then Kaprizov. Debrincat is better then Beniers but “I Think” he has potential to be very good and will “probably?” Be better than Debrincat soon. 5th and 8th are a pretty small gap Catton, Iginla, and the Dman are all pretty equal to me.

Was maybe thinking of countering with Bourque added?

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Stutzle/kaprizov

im jumping on that and im huge Stutzle fan. I think big difference here is Debrincat over Beniers as well as upgrade on the pick, while we dont know what's going to happen after Celebrini, i think atm top 5 are pretty consistent in rankings but 6th is not.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Superstar

yes

Dobber Sports Veteran

Kaprizov side also for me. Yes Stuzzle can come back in the 90 pts range, but Kaprizov got 10-15 more pts upside IMO.
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Superstar

I get wanting a big window but realistically you want to be looking 1 - 3 years down the road. Beyond that, just too many things come into play that can change things up on you big time and your grand plan is in trouble. With a 1 - 3 year window in mind, I really like this trade for you. Let's call Kaprizov and Stutzle a wash you could argue back and forth on either one, I honestly think they will be pretty close over a 3 year period. However, this is not the case with DeBrincat and Beniers. Hell, The Cat could outscore both Kaprizov and Stutzle in a given year he is just hitting his prime and he will most certainly outperform Beniers significantly over the next 3 years IMO. Throw in a nice little draft upgrade from 8 to 5 and this is a deal I'm most definitely liking.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Are you guys taking into account Stutzle being a C/LW flex and his hits? In 2022-2023 their respective fantasy scores were 67 Kaprizov (missed 15 games) and 86 for Stutzle (missed 4 games)

Am I the only one that thinks Stutzle could absolutely explode next season? Even if they produce equally Stutzle still gets those FOW that are very valuable in my league. With that being said I offered Stutzle, Beniers and pick 31 for Kaprizov, Debrincat and pick 11

Dobber Sports Icon

Well now picks changed in favor of other side. I think you will loose some significant offense in this trade but you will gain some multiact values.

you also showing Stutzle and Beniers on you team so im assuming you didnt come for advice here but rather approval of the trade....which confuses me even more as in first post you said there was 5th overall on Kaprizov side and 8th on Stutzle....im really confused now but if you made that trade you described at the top and you got Sutzle side then i wish you good luck with it! if you managed to switch picks per your last post i still dont like it for you but its better obviously.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    Well now picks changed in favor of other side. I think you will loose some significant offense in this trade but you will gain some multiact values.

you also showing Stutzle and Beniers on you team so im assuming you didnt come for advice here but rather approval of the trade....which confuses me even more as in first post you said there was 5th overall on Kaprizov side and 8th on Stutzle....im really confused now but if you made that trade you described at the top and you got Sutzle side then i wish you good luck with it! if you managed to switch picks per your last post i still dont like it for you but its better obviously.
    No, no I have Beniers, Stutzle and pick 31 currently I was offered the offer in the OP and I declined before I made the post then I felt a 2nd opinion could be needed. I’d rather move up from pick 31 to 11 then 8-5 so I shot him an offer. We will see

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Nylander View Post
    No, no I have Beniers, Stutzle and pick 31 currently I was offered the offer in the OP and I declined before I made the post then I felt a 2nd opinion could be needed. I’d rather move up from pick 31 to 11 then 8-5 so I shot him an offer. We will see
    From what you described you were giving away 11 and getting 31st ....but if its other way around then yeah thats better.

also you should not have declined that trade imo..

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    From what you described you were giving away 11 and getting 31st ....but if its other way around then yeah thats better.

also you should not have declined that trade imo..
    Yeah you’re right in hindsight. Just not a big fan of Debrincat as others if he declines that offer I’ll see if he wants to circle back.