Thread: Comparing 2 Fs and 2 Ds

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Comparing 2 Fs and 2 Ds

H2H points league
    32 team league, 23 player roster (12,6,1 and 4 bench) plus minors
    Cap is the same as NHL, league uses AAV
    Points 1, shots hits blocks 0.1

WhoÂ’s the more valuable own
    Tarasenko UFA (1.1fppg this year, 1.1 last year,1.6 the year before that)
    Tom Wilson $6.5m (1.1, 1.3, and 1.2)

Their salary is probably close when Tarasenko signs, maybe slight edge to Tarasenko ($5.5-6m is my guess?), age 32 v 30 in wilsons favour but thats not too big a difference. I think this comes down to whether Tarasenko stays in Florida, and how big of a drop off Wilson has if/when Washington starts being really bad.

NEXT

Rielly $7.5m (1.4, 1.1, 1.3)
    Sergachev $8.5m (1.0, 1.4, 1.0)

Age 25 v 30 in favour of Segachev, Rielly has more seasons at over 1 fppg, but Sergachev can(will) get there once he gets PP1 as we saw last season. But HedmanÂ…
    I dont see much else separating them, so probably this one boils down to when you think he surplants Hedman on PP1 ie. within 1-2 years, or longer.

BONUS
    Would you move either of those D for either of those Fs?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Gerb; May 25, 2024 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Weird symbol in title

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Comparing 2 Fs and 2 Ds

Could you perhaps share a couple of more details about the league? What is your position in the league, trending up, trending down, middling? Rest of your roster and total cap position?

Without knowing any of that I would probably prefer Reilly and Wilson. I wouldn't want to wait to find out on Sergachev at that salary when Reilly is already there. I'm also not sure the Caps are completely done yet, they could be getting some help up front from their farm system and could improve their defense through FA. I don't think they'll make a rebuild decision unless it goes really poorly for them to start the season.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson