Thread: Bailed on Huberdeau - was it good value?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Bailed on Huberdeau - was it good value?

Just curious to see where Huberdeau's value is at in other leagues.
    In my points-only pool, I was planning to protect him as my last keeper as I think there is some kind of rebound in store.
    Finally I traded him + Byram and got Fiala in return.
    Was it worth it? How do your fellow GMs view him at the moment?

Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Bailed on Huberdeau - was it good value?

For me Huberdeau have litteraly no more value than a 50 points guy moving foward, so I beleive you did very well!!
    10 team dynasty (salary cap), start every week 12 fowards, 6 defenses and 2 goalies
    Fowards: G, A
    Defense: G, A, short handed time (0,25 pt / 2 min)
    Goalies: W 2 pt, OT lost 1pt, Shootout lost 1pt, shutout 1pt

F: Gaudreau, Matthews, Malkin, Eichel, Fiala, Zibanejad, Pavelski, Rust, Nelson, Suzuki, Eriksson Ek, Sharangovich
    D: Karlsson, Josi, Heiskanen, Montour, Theodore, Ekholm
    G: Sorokin, Bobrovsky
    Bench: Skinner, Mittelstadt, Couture, RyJo, Lehkonen, Coyle, Yamamoto, Barbashev, DeBrusk, Coronato, Luostarinen, Provorov, Lindell, Spurgeon, Orlov, Korchinski, Fleury, Samsonov, Blackwood, Husso, Vejmelka, Ersson
    Farm: Snuggerud, Miroshnichenko, But, Brisson, Rosen

Dobber Sports Superstar

I honestly have no idea of what happened to this guy. His last 4 years in Florida he is solidly a PPG + player, a star player. He comes to Calgary and puts up a season of 55 and then stuns everyone by following it up with an even worse effort last year of 52 pts. Lots of ice time, lots of PP time. Wow! Now at 30 years old, he is both statistically and age wise likely beyond his prime. It's staus quo or worse moving forward IMO.

I can assure you that in the vast majority of CAP leagues Huberdeau has no value whatsoever and is sitting as an FA with no takers. In non CAP leagues I suppose he has a bit more value, a 50 pt guy, maybe 55 but a return to PPG just isn't going to happen. Moving him and Byram for Kevin Fiala is a huge win for you IMO, you got the best player by a country mile in the deal.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks gents, REP distributed.
    It validates the thought process even if I believe Hubs has something left in the tank.

Dobber Sports Titan

I got Sanheim and Gulyayev for him in my cap dynasty league. I was dissapointed at the time, and kind of still am, but it was by far the best offer I got, which tells you where most other teams value him (keep in mind here not a lot of teams could have fit his cap hit).
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I got Sanheim and Gulyayev for him in my cap dynasty league. I was dissapointed at the time, and kind of still am, but it was by far the best offer I got, which tells you where most other teams value him (keep in mind here not a lot of teams could have fit his cap hit).
    Yeah, no salary cap in my league so it definitely changes the equation.

Dobber Sports Initiate

My only advice at this point to any but the lowest of lowballs for huberdeau is Huber-Don’t!! I’ll see myself out.