Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Where does Ullmark end up next season?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Where does Ullmark end up next season?

From 32TP:

Friedman said it’s unclear if Martin Necas was involved in the discussions. Ullmark is entering the last year of his contract and has been the subject of trade rumors.
    I take anything from Bruce Garrioch with a grain of salt, but still food for thought:

Per @SunGarrioch, it would take Jakob Chychrun along with a first-round pick and another selection to acquire Linus Ullmark from Boston (if he waived his NTC).
    And Sweeney dropped a bit of a nothing burger during the end of year media. Basically we're taking calls, we're making calls, but we're ok with keeping both if we can :

"If we can make the math work, we're going to have the best tandem." Don Sweeney on the state of @NHLBruins goaltending and the futures of Jeremy Swayman and Linus Ullmark.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Hercules

Chychrun + 1st + another asset would be insane for a goalie lol. That's wild.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Chychrun + 1st + another asset would be insane for a goalie lol. That's wild.
    Exactly. 1 year of a better than average goalie might get you a 1st but not Chychrun and another asset. Plus, it's doubtful he'd waive for Ottawa anyways since Ullmark seems to be picky about where he ends up. (I don't blame him.)
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

The Great One

Yes, if that is Boston's asking price then they ought to prepare themselves to be "stuck" with Ullmark. Probably it's posturing though, and the price will come way down. Yes, Ullmark isn't paid a lot and could be an asset to several teams; but he's not a proven star and is all but assured to be a one year rental.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Hercules

It came out Boston and Carolina discussed an Ullmark trade at the deadline, so I'm sure it'll get revisited.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    It came out Boston and Carolina discussed an Ullmark trade at the deadline, so I'm sure it'll get revisited.
    I can see that since at that time Andersen was still a question mark. But he returned, played well for the most part, and, like Ullmark, will be a UFA in 2025. I figured 2024-25 would be a split between Andersen and Kotchetkov, before Kotchetkov becomes the top dog in 2025-26. I realize Ullmark is younger and less injury prone than Andersen, but is he really an upgrade? Or do they think they'll re-sign Ullmark, despite Kotchetkov playing quite well down the stretch?
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/