Poll: Canucks vs Oilers

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: Western Conference Second Round: (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (2) Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Western Conference Second Round: (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (2) Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
    Would someone please explain to me how Elias Pettersson gets two minutes for charging against Warren Foegele. Was it because he left his feet even though he was standing still ?
    Appreciate all the feedback. To me it was a hockey play. Have seen move severe hits not called. Foegele under a pretty good head of steam. Pettersson looking to make contact. Plus he seems to like the reverse hit. He definitely needs to lean into Foegele or he’ll be the ne who gets pasted. I didn’t notice the elbow, wasn’t looking for it either.
    Thanks gents. It’s a different game now compared to when I played in the mid 60’s to late 70’s.
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    4 weekly goalie appearances minimum
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett
    LW: E.Kane, Kaprizov
    LW/C: Draisaitl, Stutzle
    RW: Marner
    RW/C: T.Thompson, Necas
    RW/LW: Svechnikov
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Sergachev, Gudas
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Western Conference Second Round: (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (2) Edmonton Oilers

Monday 9pm. Going to attempt to stay up.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Me too!
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Pro

I'm going to 'attempt' to not stress drink through this game 7!

Looks like Boeser out with blood clotting issues now...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    I'm going to 'attempt' to not stress drink through this game 7!

Looks like Boeser out with blood clotting issues now...
    Definitely hoping he gets better soon.

I will say that as much as I can't stand Canucks fans, I actually find the Canucks roster pretty likeable overall.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Gg’s
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Ninja

What a series. Don't think the Oilers stand much of a chance against the Stars but we'll see what happens.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I learned a great deal about some of the Vancouver players I haven't watched much this season. A newfound respect for Elias Lindholm's game and I have a little man-crush on the way Garland plays - I want him on my team when the chips are down. I hate respect Pia Zadorov. DeSmith is UFA and Silovs is RFA - pretty sure Silovs just earned the back up role behind Demko. Could be a sneaky late round stash on a deep league.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Immortal

Sucks about Boeser. Great season for the Canucks.

Dobber Sports Deity

What a game. Vancouver's push at the end was impressive but so was Edmonton's defensive game to hold them to only 5 shots in that 3rd period (2 in the 1st period). Really impressed with the way they limited the opportunities for Vancouver in this game.

Like I said, Oilers sweep in 7.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Sucks about Boeser. Great season for the Canucks.
    Agreed. Very successful season. It's unfortunate that Boeser and Demko were out and Hughes had to be injured. Petersson pulling a Marner didn't help either. Lots of interesting decisions for Vancouver this offseason.
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I I have a little man-crush on the way Garland plays - I want him on my team when the chips are down. .
    I've thought this for a while. I loved him in Arizona and then overpaid for him when he was traded to Vancouver. But I love the way he plays and his game is made for being a great 3rd line player on a good team.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Bright future ahead for the Canucks. EP and Hughes both invisible - they'll figure it out next year

Dobber Sports Superstar

GG Canucks. Safe to say they massively over-achieved this year relative to expectations (no one had them winning the division).
    Oilers dominated the 1st 2 periods of Game 7. The kill of the double-minor at end of 1st/start 2nd was a huge swing in the game for the Oilers (Canucks had I think 1 shot in 4 minutes of PP time).

The Canucks were down some key pieces which the Oilers capitalized on. The Oilers dominated the game thru 40 minutes. Skinner was good when he had to be, then the late push by the Canucks made it exciting!!!
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Ninja

I've never seen the Oilers play such an aggressive PK and pressure game, combined with a ton of blocked shots. Not sure they can bring it like that enough to overcome average-bad goaltending and beat Dallas, but I'll be cheering them on until the end.