Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where does Ullmark end up next season?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Where does Ullmark end up next season?

There was the rumour to LA at the deadline that he apparently invoked his NMC.

Saw a few twitter rumblings around Ottawa being interested.

Where else could he reasonable end up?

Assuming of course Boston decides Swayman is the guy and the can come to a contract agreement.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

The Great One

Default Re: Where does Ullmark end up next season?

Ullmark is not glaringly expensive and will be a UFA this time nest year, so seemingly he will be quite motivated to play well. But by the same token he's not a proven workhorse or true #1, having never even once played 50 games in a season. And his best season came on a team that was historically good, suggesting that a rising tide lifted his boat. LA makes sense on paper, as he won't have to be outstanding as we saw from their netminders this season. Toronto is a possibility, but I can't see it. I feel like he'd get chewed up and spat out there. The Wings and Sens aren't good enough to make deep runs, so they likely wouldn't want to part with assets to land a UFA to be.

I feel like it could be the Devils. We keep hearing about them getting Markstrom or Saros, but I think they kick the tires on Ullmark and, if he doesn't work out, then they just sign Saros as a UFA in the summer of 2025.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Deity

I could see NJ as a possibility.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

NJ would be interesting also.

An Ullmark / Allen tandem would be pretty solid.
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Stud

Arguably, Boston will be looking for a top six player for Ullmark, and likely a center. As much as I could see Ullmark fitting well with the Devils, neither of their top 2 centers are going to be on the table.
    12 Team Weekly H2H, Daily Lineups. Keep 7 + 1 Prospect (<164 NHL games).
    Scoring:
    PLAYER: G(3), A(2), D Pts(addt'l 0.7), +/-(0.5), PPP(addt'l 1), SHP(addt'l 0.5), SOG(0.4), BLK(0.8)
    GOALIE: W(2), GA(-1.5), Saves(0.3), SO(3)
    Positions - 3C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 5 Bench, 4 IR, 1 prospect

C - J Hughes(LW), Hintz, Malkin, Pinto
    LW - M Tkachuk(RW), Robertson
    RW - Rust, Necas, Zuccarello
    D - Makar, Fox, Bouchard, Roy, Krug
    G - Oettinger, Thompson, Wedgewood
    Prospect Keeper - L Hughes(D)
    IR - Hill(G)

2024 Picks - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Dobber Sports Sage

Heard that Ullmark wants to stay on the East Coast.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Heard that Ullmark wants to stay on the East Coast.
    Toronto
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Ace

To answer this I think you also have to take a look at other goalies likely to hit the market. My ranking below is the likelihood of one of these goalies being dealt to a quality contender:

1. Markstrom: This ranking has an asterisk on if CGY will retain any salary. If the answer is yes, I think he becomes the most sought after trade target, CGY will receive a nice return if they are willing to play ball. I believe CGY fumbled trade negotiations with him leading up to the trade deadline. So hopefully they learned their lesson here. I could see him landing with NJ, TOR, or LA.
    2. Saros: To me, he is going to be the best goalie available and younger than others on this list. The potential issue here is that he has 1 season left on his contract, and will likely be looking for a substantial pay increase from his current $5M AAV deal. For this reason, I have him ranked #2 as a cap constrained contender may likely shy away.
    3. Ullmark: There is a rumor that he did not agree to waive his M-NTC at the deadline to go to LA. That being said, he has a 15 team no trade list, so there should be a suitor of Boston really wants to move him this off-season or next year. He is the least proven workhorse of the 3. I could see him playing out his final year in Boston, and taking a pay cut to play on an extension to play backup to his best friend (swayman).

Dobber Sports Icon

Carolina for Necas

Dobber Sports All-Star

What about Philly? They need some stability back there. NJ would be his best situation though.

Dobber Sports Veteran

From Fluto Shinzawa VIA The Athletic article - What I’m hearing about a Linus Ullmark trade, the Bruins’ No. 1 offseason priority

Playoff teams seeking goaltending upgrades include the Colorado Avalanche, Edmonton Oilers, Los Angeles Kings and Toronto Maple Leafs. The Bruins would be unlikely to help the Leafs improve in net.

Non-playoff teams with netminding needs include the Columbus Blue Jackets, Detroit Red Wings, New Jersey Devils, Ottawa Senators, Philadelphia Flyers and San Jose Sharks.

Moving Ullmark before the 2024 NHL Draft is a priority for the Bruins. They moved their first-, second-, third- and seventh-round picks in trades for Tyler Bertuzzi, Hampus Lindholm, Dmitry Orlov and Garnet Hathaway and Mike Callahan. Trading Ullmark for futures, as the market once projected, could get Sweeney and his scouts some much-needed action at the draft table in Las Vegas.

The return, however, could be more than just picks. The goalie market will be bigger in June than it was in March, when accommodating Ullmark’s cap hit would have limited the list of interested parties. The Bruins need help up front and on the left side of the defense.
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Hercules

Ullmark blocked a trade to LAK at the deadline. Life changes, and moving in June is much different than in March mid season, but I can't see why he would block a trade to LAK and then change his mind 6months later.

It all depends on how he sets up his MNTC. He can put 16/15 teams on his NTC to block all moves for a goalie needing team, but that could leave him open to going to like Utah.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

Dobber Sports Deity

I dont think Edmonton is looking for a goalie upgrade like Ullmark but who knows.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

I could see the Avalanche being in the mix for Ullmark (or Markstrom) due to Georgiev’s inconsistencies

The Great One

The Devils make so much sense, not just as a fit for the reasons I noted above, but also because they could move Holtz, who it seems they don't need/appreciate, but who Boston would covet.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/