Thread: Binnington vs Korpisalo

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Binnington vs Korpisalo

Points league, wins = 1, saves = 0.05

Last year
    Biinington 57gp, 112 fantasy points, 1.97ppg
    Korpisalo 55gp, 89 fantasy points, 1.6ppg

I like this Hofer kid and I assume he takes more starts from Binnington. I don't think there is much risk to Korpi getting significantly fewer starts, other than if he implodes which is possible. Also Ottawa should(?) be better, upping his ppg a bit.

I have a chance to get Binnington for picks. If the price is the same, should I go for Korpisalo instead? Younger, cheaper, riskier talent wise but more likely(I think??) to get 55 starts or more next year.

Thanks in advance.

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Binnington vs Korpisalo

i would not be surprised if Ottawa tries to fix goaltending. I would stick with Binnington for next few years...i dont trust either much but i really dont trust Korpisalo.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Deity

Binnington is not losing starts to Hofer anytime soon. Korpisalo is not someone I'd be chasing.

Binnington by a country mile.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

I have no faith in Korpisalo, and he has competition as well with A. Forsberg and Sogaard in the system too. Binnington has the history, so he's the pick until something proves otherwise.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Lovely, thanks, Korpisalo owner just told me to pound salt anyway, so Binnington it is!

The Great One

A few years ago Dallas had Braden Holtby signed for $4.3M and Anton Khudobin for $3.3M, but they nevertheless handed the reins to Jake Oettinger. Yes, Holtby was signed for fewer years than Korpisalo, but for a bit more money, while Forsberg is basically comparable to Khudobin, except with less of a proven track record. I think Green gives Sogaard a long look in training camp and preseason, since neither of the other two worked at all. So long story short, be glad you didn't get Korpisalo, and his double digits negative GSAA and 40% or less Quality Start % in three of the last four seasons.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/