Page 371 of 371 FirstFirst ... 271 321 361 366 367 368 369 370 371
Results 5,551 to 5,558 of 5558

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Administrator

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Much stronger effort all-around, and nice to see Skinner making some stops. Magic number is now 14 wins or bust.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Administrator

What an out-of-character great game from the Oilers. They clearly didn't have the desperation of the Kings but stuck with it defensively and kept things tame enough for Skinner to stand tall. Huge confidence booster for the squad to have Skinner pitch a shutout as well. I wish they played this type of game against a more explosive team because they've already proven they can beat the Kings who aren't an offensive powerhouse. Maybe they'll get that chance. Either way, very encouraging. The number is now 13 wins or bust.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

The Great One

I didn't watch last night's game but saw in the ramblings that Nurse and Ceci were split up. Can anyone tell me what the defense pairings were last night?
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Hercules

Ekholm-Bouchard
    Nurse-Desharnais
    Kulak-Ceci
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Ekholm-Bouchard
    Nurse-Desharnais
    Kulak-Ceci
    These pairings seemed to stabilize the back end a bit. Ceci is struggling a bit this series but hasn't been terrible. Just need the bottom 6 F to pop in a couple of goals.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Being a fan of this team is like being on a roller coaster ride! You get some breathtaking highlights and some pants filling scary moments during the ride.

Was a huge fan of Woodcroft, but how can you not really love what Knoblauch has done in his short time at the helm? Best PK and PP in the playoffs. Has to sit Skinner and Pickard comes in and is decent, that timeout call, bringing Perry and McLeod back in tonight and having them make a difference in a crucial game.

Loving the way Janmark and Brown are working the PK.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Being a fan of this team is like being on a roller coaster ride! You get some breathtaking highlights and some pants filling scary moments during the ride.

Was a huge fan of Woodcroft, but how can you not really love what Knoblauch has done in his short time at the helm? Best PK and PP in the playoffs. Has to sit Skinner and Pickard comes in and is decent, that timeout call, bringing Perry and McLeod back in tonight and having them make a difference in a crucial game.

I couldn't agree more on all points.

As for the roller coaster ride, I can't handle this! Living in Ontario (thank goodness the games in this round have started a bit earlier), I have a hard time falling asleep after watching these games. It's akin to the way I feel if I exercise at night...I'm way too ramped up after these games.

I'm absolutely loving the way some of the role players are stepping up in this series offensively. It feels good to be tied knowing that McDavid hasn't had to carry the team by himself offensively. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that by his standards he's actually had a poor series so far. He's missed a few chances that he'd normally finish, and many of his rushes have looked forced, trying to beat 3 or 4 players all on his own (which I know works at times in the regular season but with hooks and grabs called less often in the playoffs, it isn't working right now). Draisaitl has also made quite a few bad turnovers in this series. I'm choosing to think positively and believe that McDavid and/or Draisaitl are going to step up in the next game or two.

IMO, the biggest reason Dallas is causing so much trouble for Edmonton is that they have been extremely disciplined in the penalty department. It's on the power play in these playoffs where the team really shined in the first two rounds.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post

So true. Honestly, for me a big part of it is also the feeling that I am going to be let down no matter what, so I sort of expect it now - but the team keeps performing. I really didn't think they would get this far in the playoffs this year. Knoblauch's coaching has been incredible in the playoffs this year like you said. It also helps that the team actually has depth options to swap in and out. I know it's in style to crap all over Holland but he seems to have done that part well.