• Dickinson

0 0%
  • Parekh

1 5.00%
  • Buium

5 25.00%
  • Yakemchuck

0 0%

Thread: Which D Prospect would you draft?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Which D Prospect would you draft?

I don't recall too many drafts that had as many defensemen potentially in the top 10 as there are this year. I'm liking that because my intent was to draft a defensive prospect with my 4th overall pick. The million dollar question is, of the 6 I have identified, which one do you like the most? I'm particularly trying to identify the best fit for a multi cat league and preferably a player who can step into the league in the shortest amount of time. Who is the player who best fits those requirements? Your picks are appreciated and a brief explanation of why you like a given player would be a nice bonus.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Which D Prospect would you draft?

I've been tinkering around with my rankings of them but nothing thorough yet as I don't expect to be in a position to draft any off them

Here's an article with some cliff-notes about these guys I ran across
    https://flamesnation.ca/news/half-of...heir-strengths

Dobber Sports Titan

If you want multi-cat and in the league fastest, then Levshunov or Dickinson might be your call. I also don't have a sense of when Silayev might come from Russia because that would really impact his slot. Yak certainly racks up the PIMs, but I think he needs more time to develop than some of the others. I voted for Buium before I read the whole question as I think he has the highest offensive upside.
    I think you're going to have to wait until after the NHL draft to see what situation they're all in too.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Levshunov - big RHD who's already playing in America. Ranked 2nd by Pronman. Seems good enough to me.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

1. Levshunov - seems to be people's choice for "full game"
    2a. Dickinson - if you want SAFE NHLer with "good+" upside
    2b. Buium - if you want SAFE NHLer with "good" upside
    2c. Parekh - if you want RISKY NHLer with "high offense" upside
    2d. Silyayev - if you want SAFE NHLer, with possible BIG WAIT... but "good++" multi-cat upside
    6. Yakemchuk - BIGGEST shot - so if D-goals is a premium... he might be the guy.

For reference - in past drafts, guys like Quinn Hughes, Evan Bouchard, and Noah Dobson have gone 6-15 range.
    So... these are some good defensemen.
    They all have PP1 potential.

This said - the NHL has also been (finally!) seeing an influx where the newer NHL-D can skate at a very smooth/shifty/precise level as forwards.
    Skating is usually... the #1 thing that keeps a kid getting a shot in NHL.
    Decision-making, IMO... is what gets the kid a chance to play 20min/night.
    Whether these guys have NHL-level decision-making-smarts (IQ) and decision-making-speed (PACE)... is a big TBD. We can all guess... but we don't know for sure.

In order of league quality:
    KHL >> NCAA > CHL leagues.

That said... Dickinson is London Knights - and that's about as PRO an amateur system as exists in CHL.

For multi-cat... I probably like Levshunov/Silyayev (if you can wait), then Dickinson/Buium.
    For pure points... Levshunov, then Parekh.
    For leagues with PIM carrying some significant weight... Yakemchuk factors in.

Generally - short answer - at #4... Levshunov... then... mmmm.... Dickinson (possibly the safest guy of the six).

ps. Hockey-CHUK.
    CHUK.
    Always CHUK.
    There is ONE C in Chuk. Learn it. Say it. Memorize it. You won't miss placing the single C in the right spot!
    -chuck... isn't a thing.
    Those are fake chuks and they aren't hockey players!!!

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by loppantorkel View Post
    Levshunov - big RHD who's already playing in America. Ranked 2nd by Pronman. Seems good enough to me.
    Agreed

Dobber Sports Superstar

So far Levshunov is the clear favorite with 12 votes, Buium comes in with 5 and Silayev has one vote. Anybody else want to jump in here? If Levshunov did fall to me with that 4th overall it would be pretty sweet, but I have a sneaking suspicion that that's not likely to happen (:
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Titan

If he doesn't then just take a forward. They should have a better and shorter path to fantasy relevance anyways
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    1. Levshunov - seems to be people's choice for "full game"
    2a. Dickinson - if you want SAFE NHLer with "good+" upside
    2b. Buium - if you want SAFE NHLer with "good" upside
    2c. Parekh - if you want RISKY NHLer with "high offense" upside
    2d. Silyayev - if you want SAFE NHLer, with possible BIG WAIT... but "good++" multi-cat upside
    6. Yakemchuk - BIGGEST shot - so if D-goals is a premium... he might be the guy.

For reference - in past drafts, guys like Quinn Hughes, Evan Bouchard, and Noah Dobson have gone 6-15 range.
    So... these are some good defensemen.
    They all have PP1 potential.

This said - the NHL has also been (finally!) seeing an influx where the newer NHL-D can skate at a very smooth/shifty/precise level as forwards.
    Skating is usually... the #1 thing that keeps a kid getting a shot in NHL.
    Decision-making, IMO... is what gets the kid a chance to play 20min/night.
    Whether these guys have NHL-level decision-making-smarts (IQ) and decision-making-speed (PACE)... is a big TBD. We can all guess... but we don't know for sure.

In order of league quality:
    KHL >> NCAA > CHL leagues.

That said... Dickinson is London Knights - and that's about as PRO an amateur system as exists in CHL.

For multi-cat... I probably like Levshunov/Silyayev (if you can wait), then Dickinson/Buium.
    For pure points... Levshunov, then Parekh.
    For leagues with PIM carrying some significant weight... Yakemchuk factors in.

Generally - short answer - at #4... Levshunov... then... mmmm.... Dickinson (possibly the safest guy of the six).

ps. Hockey-CHUK.
    CHUK.
    Always CHUK.
    There is ONE C in Chuk. Learn it. Say it. Memorize it. You won't miss placing the single C in the right spot!
    -chuck... isn't a thing.
    Those are fake chuks and they aren't hockey players!!!
    Agreed with every choice here except Yak below Sil. Sil is projected to be a defensive Dman and whoever drafts him would be thrilled if he can be a Defensive Dman who hits 40 points but most acknowledge his offensive potential hasn't been tapped and might never be . Currently he projects as a 20-25 point stay at home guy. Maybe good in multicat, but he' not destined to aid on the scoresheet much.
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G