Poll: Canucks vs Oilers

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Western Conference Second Round: (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (2) Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Western Conference Second Round: (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (2) Edmonton Oilers

The McJesus thing was bad, I'm not a fan of that even though it's normal course in the playoffs. I think it looked worse than it was intended to be because both those clowns just happened to cross check him almost at the same time - if not for that timing, it would have just looked like a normal cheapshot.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Western Conference Second Round: (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (2) Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    Silovs me yeah yeah yeah
    First thing I read this morning. Love it.
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    4 weekly goalie appearances minimum
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett
    LW: E.Kane, Kaprizov
    LW/C: Draisaitl, Stutzle
    RW: Marner
    RW/C: T.Thompson, Necas
    RW/LW: Svechnikov
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Sergachev, Gudas
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    #McCryBaby trending on Twitter. It's hilarious.

Everyone knows that the stud players, no matter who they are on whatever team, takes abuse from the opposition. McDavid is no different. Vancouver can't skate with him (who can really) so they use whatever they have to slow him down, and that is usually their stick in some sort of fashion (hack, slash, hook, cross-check). At some point, no matter who you are, you are going to retaliate, which McDavid has done. The BS at the end of last night's game, I dont care who you are or what team you cheer for, was crap. The cross-check from Zadorov to the lower back, where everyone knows there's no protection, was targeted. Then the cross-check to the face from Soucy was just cheap and predatory. I dont care if it's Nurse, Marchand, or Soucy; cross-checking to the face is just a big no-no from me and deserves league punishment.

Great game from Silovs last night. Oilers really should have won that game but he was huge. Both teams had some grade A chances to score. Vancouver was successful in doing that with their chances, Edmonton not as much. The Skinner pull was warranted. He usually bounces back from a bad game so hopefully that happens again. They really need him to step up his game. That's the difference so far; goaltending.
    How about in game 2 when McCryBaby high sticked Hughes in the face or Kane slew footing him? The Oilers are just one line and powerplay merchants. I thought the Canucks were supposed to be swept? Or lose in 5? I guess throw those narratives out the window. Were playing with our 3rd string goaltender so it's sad that people are saying that's the difference. Imagine if Demko was in net.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    How about in game 2 when McCryBaby high sticked Hughes in the face or Kane slew footing him? The Oilers are just one line and powerplay merchants. I thought the Canucks were supposed to be swept? Or lose in 5? I guess throw those narratives out the window. Were playing with our 3rd string goaltender so it's sad that people are saying that's the difference. Imagine if Demko was in net.
    I dont expect a Canucks fan to agree with much I have to say when I comment in here, except when I give Vancouver props. That's fine.

My sweep comment was more in jest than anything. Did you actually take me serious when I said that? Relax big wheel. It's just a game.

And I think the series would be exactly where it is today with our without Demko. As I've already said Silovs has been a difference maker in this series. Not sure Demko could do anything more. Are you ok with that comment?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Missed calls happen, but it's not like McDavid purposely high sticked Hughes, and it was during the play. The crosscheck isn't a hockey play, and it's not during game play. Little different scenarios there.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I dont expect a Canucks fan to agree with much I have to say when I comment in here, except when I give Vancouver props. That's fine.

My sweep comment was more in jest than anything. Did you actually take me serious when I said that? Relax big wheel. It's just a game.

And I think the series would be exactly where it is today with our without Demko. As I've already said Silovs has been a difference maker in this series. Not sure Demko could do anything more. Are you ok with that comment?
    Silovs was horrible game 1 and just OK game 2. Yes last night he was good, even Drai wouldn't give him any credit. Listen I am still scared that the Oilers will turn this thing around, heck I thought they were the cup favorites going into the playoffs. This series is making me rethink that though. The depth is nowhere near good enough, their riding McDavid/Drai dam near 30 minutes a game and getting nothing from anyone else. And I thought Skinner was the real deal, still could be but he's not elevating his game.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Missed calls happen, but it's not like McDavid purposely high sticked Hughes, and it was during the play. The crosscheck isn't a hockey play, and it's not during game play. Little different scenarios there.
    McDavid smiles right after it. He's the best player in the world, he doesn't have control of his stick? People make excuses for that loser all the time.

Dobber Sports Titan

EF has said it sounds like Soucy will have a hearing.

--edit--
    It's a phone hearing.

Dobber Sports Genius

Wow lobo1969 handing out negative rep. Brutal. Someone's triggered.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    McDavid smiles right after it. He's the best player in the world, he doesn't have control of his stick? People make excuses for that loser all the time.
    If it's called, the view on this is different in my opinion. But ya, it's not the best look for him, I forgot he even shoulder checks to see where Hughes is right before. But come on, ones a suspendable play, the other is a play the refs 100% missed.

Soucy did his AFTER the game. The game had ended. It's an apples and oranges play, but you are 100% right it was a terribly missed high stick call. Not suspendable though.

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/NHLPlayerSafety/...40204717232224

Vancouver’s Nikita Zadorov has been fined $5,000, the maximum allowable under the CBA, for cross-checking Edmonton’s Connor McDavid.
    Safe to say Soucy will miss at least one game for his crosscheck to the face.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Soucy never would have hit him in the face if McDavid didn't go down.
    I'd be surprised if it's more than a game maybe two.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Grand Master

There have been instances of hearings still resulting in only fines. I think Soucy ~should~ be suspended a game or two, but I am still not sure that he will.

Regardless, Zadorov and Soucy did exactly what they are supposed to do. Up to McDavid to skate away rather than put himself in that position.

Yes McDavid's slash was retaliation for the Soucy shove, and yes Soucy got a slash in afterwards, but McDavid put himself in a situation to get buried like that by sticking around. Crosby and Malkin didn't win again until they learned to skate away from all that shit.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    Soucy never would have hit him in the face if McDavid didn't go down.
    I'd be surprised if it's more than a game maybe two.
    That crosscheck was in the face direction whether the crosscheck to the back was happening or not. He wasn't going to hit him in the torso.

Screenshot_20240513-132617~2.pngScreenshot_20240513-132617~2.png

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    There have been instances of hearings still resulting in only fines. I think Soucy ~should~ be suspended a game or two, but I am still not sure that he will.

Regardless, Zadorov and Soucy did exactly what they are supposed to do. Up to McDavid to skate away rather than put himself in that position.

Yes McDavid's slash was retaliation for the Soucy shove, and yes Soucy got a slash in afterwards, but McDavid put himself in a situation to get buried like that by sticking around. Crosby and Malkin didn't win again until they learned to skate away from all that shit.
    How dare McDavid be standing there to get double crosschecked post game.

Physically existing in a space isn't a cop out for Soucy for a crosscheck he was aiming to get at the players chest.