Poll: Canucks vs Oilers

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Conference Second Round: (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (2) Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Western Conference Second Round: (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (2) Edmonton Oilers

Finally the Oilers showing some life as well. Huge third period and OT.

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Western Conference Second Round: (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (2) Edmonton Oilers

Tonight's number one star from the Edmonton Oilers, Kelly Sutherland. High sticked then had to leave the ice cause he's bleeding and no call? Then McDavid gets tapped 2 minutes later and the Oilers get a powerplay. Yes the Oilers played well but it seems like Bettmen is finally ready for McDavid to win the cup.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Tonight's number one star from the Edmonton Oilers, Kelly Sutherland. High sticked then had to leave the ice cause he's bleeding and no call? Then McDavid gets tapped 2 minutes later and the Oilers get a powerplay. Yes the Oilers played well but it seems like Bettmen is finally ready for McDavid to win the cup.
    Bob Stauffer always says it well whenever people call into the Oilers radio shows to complain about officiating. "Only losers complain about officiating".

I get it though. I've been on both sides of bad calls and frustrating games. Situations where it feels like entire series have been decided by it. I already mentioned it earlier that the Kings were hurt by some of the officiating in the previous series as well.

At the end of the day, the team that plays the best hockey will win this series, and officiating one way or the other isn't going to change that in any huge way.

Dobber Sports Veteran

It’s the “What if” factor. “If” the call had been made. “What if” Vancouver scored on the ensuing 2+2 minute power play. Whole different game. We’ll never know.
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    4 weekly goalie appearances minimum
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett
    LW: E.Kane, Kaprizov
    LW/C: Draisaitl, Stutzle
    RW: Marner
    RW/C: T.Thompson, Necas
    RW/LW: Svechnikov
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Sergachev, Gudas
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Bob Stauffer always says it well whenever people call into the Oilers radio shows to complain about officiating. "Only losers complain about officiating".

I get it though. I've been on both sides of bad calls and frustrating games. Situations where it feels like entire series have been decided by it. I already mentioned it earlier that the Kings were hurt by some of the officiating in the previous series as well.

At the end of the day, the team that plays the best hockey will win this series, and officiating one way or the other isn't going to change that in any huge way.
    Or the team that clicks at a 40% PP. Officiating can definitely change things let’s not kid ourselves.
    Im not really talking about the game last night I didn’t watch it.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
    It’s the “What if” factor. “If” the call had been made. “What if” Vancouver scored on the ensuing 2+2 minute power play. Whole different game. We’ll never know.
    For sure. I, too, play the 'What If' game. It's a lot of fun and I have my times of ranting at refs as well. Whining about the officiating is for losers. I have been guilty of behaving like a loser at times. Probably will again too.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    For sure. I, too, play the 'What If' game. It's a lot of fun and I have my times of ranting at refs as well. Whining about the officiating is for losers. I have been guilty of behaving like a loser at times. Probably will again too.
    No whining intended. I admit I’m emotionally invested in a number of teams and sports I follow. I also know the reality “At the end of the day, the team that plays the best hockey will win this series, and officiating one way or the other isn't going to change that in any huge way.” < completely agree with your comment.
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    4 weekly goalie appearances minimum
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett
    LW: E.Kane, Kaprizov
    LW/C: Draisaitl, Stutzle
    RW: Marner
    RW/C: T.Thompson, Necas
    RW/LW: Svechnikov
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Sergachev, Gudas
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
    No whining intended. I admit I’m emotionally invested in a number of teams and sports I follow. I also know the reality “At the end of the day, the team that plays the best hockey will win this series, and officiating one way or the other isn't going to change that in any huge way.” < completely agree with your comment.
    I just think it's fun that we have the chance to have some good old fashioned playoff banter between these two teams. Doesn't happen enough!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Brock Boeser is having himself a playoffs

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares, Hertl
    LW - DeBrincat, Boldy, Lafreniere
    RW - Meier, Miller, Boeser, Nichushkin
    D - Dobson, Karlsson
    G - Jarry, Luukkonen

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    Brock Boeser is having himself a playoffs
    Brock “The Beast” Boeser! Great wrasslin’ name.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Weird game. Looking forward to Game 4.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Silovs me yeah yeah yeah

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares, Hertl
    LW - DeBrincat, Boldy, Lafreniere
    RW - Meier, Miller, Boeser, Nichushkin
    D - Dobson, Karlsson
    G - Jarry, Luukkonen

Dobber Sports Pro

I wonder how many oil fans were in flashback mode to the first game of the season when BB scored 4 ?? after the almost hat trick?
    in case you missed it: https://x.com/CanucksArmy/status/1788290273216438783

Oilers should trade for Silovs in the off season!!
    IDHL League 28 team H2H league multicat full keeper
    Rebuilding

Cooley, Guenther, Hoglander, Lundell, Quinn, Voronkov, Stankoven, Carlsson

Hutson, Zellweger, Clarke, KA Miller, Xhekai, Malinski, Thrun

Dostal, Hofer

Beck, Bolduc, Dumais, Gaucher, Gunler, Pervalov
    Ufko, Benning, Del Mastro, Peart, Grudinin
    Zherenko

Dobber Sports Titan

Thoughts on the McDavid getting crosschecked situation?

I only saw the highlight of McDavid slashing the Canucks player in the pants (seemed like he did the slash in a spot that's heavily protected on purpose), so I don't know the vibe of the game at that point, or the outcome after. But the Canucks player at a minimum goes to crosscheck him in the shoulders if McDavid doesn't get hit from behind, which is a weird reaction, but not uncommon I guess
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

#McCryBaby trending on Twitter. It's hilarious.

Everyone knows that the stud players, no matter who they are on whatever team, takes abuse from the opposition. McDavid is no different. Vancouver can't skate with him (who can really) so they use whatever they have to slow him down, and that is usually their stick in some sort of fashion (hack, slash, hook, cross-check). At some point, no matter who you are, you are going to retaliate, which McDavid has done. The BS at the end of last night's game, I dont care who you are or what team you cheer for, was crap. The cross-check from Zadorov to the lower back, where everyone knows there's no protection, was targeted. Then the cross-check to the face from Soucy was just cheap and predatory. I dont care if it's Nurse, Marchand, or Soucy; cross-checking to the face is just a big no-no from me and deserves league punishment.

Great game from Silovs last night. Oilers really should have won that game but he was huge. Both teams had some grade A chances to score. Vancouver was successful in doing that with their chances, Edmonton not as much. The Skinner pull was warranted. He usually bounces back from a bad game so hopefully that happens again. They really need him to step up his game. That's the difference so far; goaltending.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."