Thread: Some recent trade offers- opinions wanted

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Some recent trade offers- opinions wanted

So I've been trying to upgrade my D and I've turned these offers down. Just curious what anyone thinks of them.

Cats: G, A, PTS, PPP, BLks, Hits, SOG

Trade 1: Rasmus Andersson for Brandt Clarke and a 2024 #1 pick (7-10)

Trade 2: Devon Toews for Chris Kreider and a swap of 2024 1st and 2nd round pick. (trade up from #15 or so to #7-#10)

I thought trade 1 was way too much while trade 2 was fair but it doesn't really help my team enough. Plus, Kreider is very valuable in this league and Toews is a little overrated IMO. Any thoughts are appreciated.
    Last edited by Daydream Nation; December 29, 2023 at 8:09 PM. Reason: typo
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Some recent trade offers- opinions wanted

considering that you are looking for D i be very surprised you get much better offers. When you are short on position, usually you need to give that 10% to other team. Both trades were about that and both were fair enough that if i needed a D i would take them. Andersson is very underrated btw and who knows what Clarke will be long term.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    considering that you are looking for D i be very surprised you get much better offers. When you are short on position, usually you need to give that 10% to other team. Both trades were about that and both were fair enough that if i needed a D i would take them. Andersson is very underrated btw and who knows what Clarke will be long term.
    I agree with the bolded. If you look to win all deals clearly when you have problem areas, you just keep having problem areas.

I would've countered the first deal, includin g a 2nd rounder, might have gotten it done.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Superstar

the Andersson deal I would do if the pick was later. Using a what have you done for me lately mentality could maybe turn that into a third round pick as he will have a down year. Nonetheless he will still cross the 40-point threshold as he has become a very consistent producer these past couple seasons. As said above, Clarke is still an unknown whereas Rasmus is here producing now and only 27. He's on track for a career year in BLK also.

Dobber Sports Sage

Interesting. Other guys I conferred with thought that Andersson trade would be an overpay. Maybe I'm higher than Clarke than others but he's tearing up the AHL with 29 points in 28 games as a 20-year old. I think he'll be better than Andersson in a couple years. I thought Toews for Kreider and the swap upgrade was fine but then losing Kreider makes me weaker in that area so it was just a lateral move. Thank you for the opinions.
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Icon

Problem is Clarke is a project and just an assumption of what he will be in NHL...people see fast skating D that can handle a puck and shoot and they see Makar...well for every Makar there be at least 100 that wont be a Makar. Personally i think he has better chance of never playing in NHL then being 80 point D man...

you take what you see if you are in wining mode and Anderson is very underrated D. I gave up on him in my may league few years back and i regret that decision.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    Problem is Clarke is a project and just an assumption of what he will be in NHL...people see fast skating D that can handle a puck and shoot and they see Makar...well for every Makar there be at least 100 that wont be a Makar. Personally i think he has better chance of never playing in NHL then being 80 point D man...

you take what you see if you are in wining mode and Anderson is very underrated D. I gave up on him in my may league few years back and i regret that decision.
    I definitely understand what you're saying. I have the philosophy of swinging for the fences with prospects AND deeply regretting trading away one that blossoms into a star. I traded away Fox when you he was a young player for Necas and that was a rough one.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I am guilty of overvaluing Clarke as well as I would rather not give up on him and a 1st for Andersson personally. I also agree that Toews, while a very good real-life D, is a bit overrated for fantasy purposes just due to little PP deployment.
    12 Team H2H 6x6
    G,A,SOG,PPP,Hits,Blocks
    W,L,GAA,SV%,Saves,SO
    Auction Keeper, Keep 1 Each of C, W, D, G

C - McDavid
    C - Hischier
    LW - J. Hughes
    LW - Pacioretty
    RW - Rantanen
    RW - Rakell
    D - Dahlin
    D - Theodore