Thread: Keeper League / Draft pick Values

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Keeper League / Draft pick Values

Hi all.

I have been in 14 Team Keeper league for some time now - 15 years
    Frankly I suck. lol

Is there a site like Keep,trade,cut ( FFL ) that values draft picks??

Summary - My League is Cap based on actual salary.
    I have ok team - middle of the pack.

Someone offered me a 3rd and Kaliyev for my Nylander.
    Of course Nylander will be pricey next year and I would not mind getting some value.

Im thinking Nylander has to be worth at least a 1st and Kaliyev ( or more ?? )

Thanks in advance !

I know this is just top line informatio

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Keeper League / Draft pick Values

I'd say probably not. The issue is that you have varying league sizes, formats, etc that cause pick value to be difficult.

You might want to flesh this out and stick a post in the cap forum.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Magnificent One

Welcome. What is always helpful is your scoring categories as well as what your draft is like.

If this is a limited keeper league then it depends who is drafted in the 3rd usually.

If it’s just the incoming rookie class then a 3rd seems very low value and I’d keep what I got.

Pricey isn’t always bad if he covers a lot of stats in your league scoring system
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Recruit

Thanks - My Bad - Sorry
    Teams cut down to min 13 - max 15 players before the draft

So draft is mix players dropped and rookies ...1st round is usually rookies taken with the odd exception
    Only 2 WW pickups throughout the year.so not a lot of opportunities to get players
    Draft picks are valuable for sure

Thanks !

The Magnificent One

Assuming standard scoring stats I’d prefer nylander here but if I’m being honest I would be looking to shop him also.

Never liked his situation. He is finally clicking this year but his last holdout contract puts a huge concern on what’s going to happen with his new negotiations. He is for sure priced out of TOR next year so where does he go? Who does he play with? Is he going to hold out again for big big bucks..

I think kaliyev looks interesting and will be cheaper but you need better than a 3rd. 14 teams 15 keepers each then another 2 rounds before you go.. that’s like what top 240 player value? Too low for me
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Hard pass on this deal.
    Kaliyev will NEVER be what Nylander is.
    And a 3rd round pick in a 14-team league is, at best, a 29th overall selection - and late 1st round hockey draftees almost NEVER pan out to Nylander level.

It IS... a 2-for-2 trade.
    Nylander + FringeKeeper
    for
    Kaliyev + 3rd round pick (value = 29th overall NHL draft prospect)

In a 14-team x 14-player keepers, that "FringeKeeper" is about the 190th best player in NHL.
    Again... nowhere close to Kaliyev.

I'd say you'd need to get a 2nd-to-4th OVERALL prospect pick to make this level.

On a 1-100 rating system:

92 Nylander
    90 NHL 2024 Draft Pick Kid #2 (the remaining of Celebrini/Eiserman)
    80 Kaliyev
    75 "Fringe Keeper"

That's about level, IMO.

Now... because of "cap"... if Nylander signs at $10m... that's cap problem for some team.
    And cap problem & value is only as understood as THAT particular league.
    And that's something that requires an Excel spreadsheet and formulas - so the rest of us can't help you with that.

But eventually... IF Kaliyev pans out like one might hope... he'll be a $5m player scoring 65-70pts.
    And IF/WHEN that #2 draft kid ends his ELC, maybe he'll be signing a $6m x 2yr bridge... followed by 8yr x $12m... if he pans out.

If there is LITTLE demand for Nylander... I still think you are better holding him.
    He's the real deal and really coming into his own... and there's always a LEAF fan in every league.
    Don't sell him low... the deal will come... even if he signs for $11m per season.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Now that there's some more info, I will give you an example of a cap league trade that I made that pissed some people off in my 20 team cap league last year:

I Gave:
    2023 56th Overall Pick 3.16 (Miles Wood was selected)
    2024 2nd round pick, likely to be around 25-30

I Got:
    Artemi Panarin

Thread:
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...-it-seems-sane

I'm going to state that there's no way I lose that trade now that Miles Wood is one of the guys taken.

Agree that you should want a 1st or at least a very high second in return.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.