Thread: Trade Sorokin or Hold?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Trade Sorokin or Hold?

In the 1st year with an expansion team in an established keeper league. Team is very young with few legitimate producers at this point, though somehow ended up with Sorokin in the expansion draft and even managed to pull out 1 weekly win so far (barely). There is a lot of league interest in getting Sorokin from me. Given below league structure, and current roster, would you try to move him and what type of return would be reasonable? I could see him still being a great goalie when my current roster matures a bit, so I'm not convinced I should trade him anyway, but he is basically my only legitimate trade chip. Any other suggestions welcome as well! Thanks!

12 team, h2h, no cap, keep everyone
    G, A, Pts, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW, Hits, Blks
    GS, W, L, SV%, GAA (3 min appearances)
    Start - C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, Util, Util, G, G

Forwards: Marco Rossi, Cole Perfetti, Seth Jarvis, Eeli Tolvanen, Anton Lundell, Lukas Reichel, Jake DeBrusk, Matthew Poitras, Bobby Brink, Casey Mittelstadt, JJ Peterka, Tyson Foerster, Taylor Raddysh, Oliver Wahlstrom, Connor McMichael, Dylan Holloway, Jason Zucker, Ridly Greig (IR), Jakob Pelletier (IR), Jack Quinn (IR), Cody Glass (IR), Mavrik Bourque (Minors), Xavier Bourgault (Minors)

Defense: MacKenzie Weegar, Connor Clifton, Erik Gustafsson, David Jiricek, Thomas Harley, Brock Faber, Jake Walman, Jamie Drysdale (IR), Olen Zellweger (Minors), Denton Mateychuk (Minors)

Goalies: Sorokin, Devon Levi, Connor Ingram, Joey Daccord, Joel Hofer, Calvin Pickard, Dustin Wolf (Minors)

The Seeker

Default Re: Trade Sorokin or Hold?

Yes you should. And for more young players that will match the young group you have.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Yes you should. And for more young players that will match the young group you have.
    I have received a bunch of offers for him from one team that has the below young guys I like. What would be a reasonable ask for Sorokin?

Cooley, Byfield, Fantilli, Knies, Luke Hughes, Zach Benson, Stankoven, Brandt Clarke, Edvinsson

The Seeker

Pick a couple of them. You’ve got them in about the order I’d rank them as well.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by BendersUnited View Post
    I have received a bunch of offers for him from one team that has the below young guys I like. What would be a reasonable ask for Sorokin?

Cooley, Byfield, Fantilli, Knies, Luke Hughes, Zach Benson, Stankoven, Brandt Clarke, Edvinsson
    There are some good names here, but for Sorokin, you should be getting at least one guy who has proven himself. Sorokin, even with the slower start this year, is a top 5 goalie in a keeper, who finished 2nd in the Vezina last year. If Sorokin is your big chip, you want to get guys who you know are going to be good, not that you hope would be good. That being said, from the list above, if you can get some combination of 4 of

L. Hughes
    Byfield
    Cooley
    Fantilli
    Benson
    B. Clarke

That would be a decent enough return. The other owner may balk, but you'd be trading for a group that has a total of 15 or less career goals between them. Getting one of the best, NHL-proven goalies for 15 career goals is a good deal for the other owner.

Dobber Sports Icon

Should you trade Sorokin? well it depends on return just like with any player...he is a go to guy these days and i think has most value of all the goalies from what i seen around few leagues.

From that list i would ask for 3 of Hughes, Byfield, Cooley, Fantili...if he bites then its good gamble, if he does not i would hold until you get better deal...you maybe able to get more for him closer to deadline or once few more goalies get hurt.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'd want min two of Cooley, Byfield, Fantilli, Hughes, Clarke.

Knies, Benson (hard to break into BUF), and Stankoven would not be pieces to target in a trade.