Thread: Do I trade McDavid

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Do I trade McDavid

16 team Dynasty league H2H category based league ( G, A, PTS, SOG, Hits, BlKs, FOW, TOI, W, SV% and GAA ). This is the leagues 1st year and obviously my forwards are good but my defence/Goaltending need work. Max of 2 NHL goalies per roster minor eligibility last for 150 GP for Skaters and 75 GP for goalies. Real NHL roster size, 7 player bench and 20 player minor System

Roster-
    C- Mark Scheifele, Thomas Hertl, Jack Hughes, Connor McDavid and Elias Lindholm
    LW-, Evander Kane, Jason Zucker, Nick Foligno
    RW-Mark Stone, Martin Necas, Alex Tuch
    C/RW- Matt Barzal
    LW/RW- Rickard Rakell, Johnathan Marchessault
    Tri flex- Nick Schmaltz
    D- Hronek, Tony DeAngelo, Adam Larsson, Jeff Petry
    G- Sergei Bobrovsky, Jacob Markstrom
    IR- Patrick Laine, Calum Ritchie, Taylor Hall, Pacioretty, Zucker, Savard, Schenn, Spurgeon

Minors- Mikey Eyssimont, Brad Nadeau, Mathew Savoie, Otto Stenberg, Danilla But, Egor Sokolov, Danila Gushchin, Jan Jenik, Justin Danforth, Harvey-Pinard, Carcone, Stenlund, Colin Smith, Zohorna, Merela, Leason MATVEi MICHKOV, Jesse Ylonen, Oliver Bonk, Mikhail Gulyayev, Jordan Harris, Oliver Bonk, Darren Radysh, Stanislav Svozil, Alexander Nikishin, Tom Willander

I’m currently 4th place and while I do like the ability to stream minors ( unlimited minor streaming gives me a advantage with this roster ) I do feel like I’m a playoff team but not a Championship team.

What should I do with this team and who should I dangle in a trade ( really don’t want to move Hughes )

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Do I trade McDavid

I think moving McDavid moves you backwards unless you're getting Draisaitl and Makar back. I would dangle Kane, Barzal, Stone, Scheifele, Hall, and Laine, and see what defencemen you can net based on the name value. It's a H2H league, and if you're pretty much a lock for playoffs, then you have time. Wait for the deadline week before you try anything desperate. Lots can change between now and then.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

As a McDavid owner, I put him on the trade block to see what offers I would received.
    I was putting him on the block seeing if someone would offer something close to Draisaitl and Makar.

Nothing came in even remotely close.

Not worth moving McDavid unless you are getting a huge payment in return.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Don't move McDavid unless it is such a blow away offer (2-top-10 or 3-top-25 skaters) you cannot say no.
    Generally speaking hold McDavid.

Your forwards are good and your D could use work so use some lesser caliber forwards to upgrade your D.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

The Great One

You have the best player in the league and it's the first year. I'd hold and try to fix elsewhere. You'd almost assuredly kick yourself later if you dealt him.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Who should I target?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

There might be some FA D that can help you, as you are very forward heavy. I'm guessing you start 6 D with that "real NHL roster size", but maybe not.

I'd put some forward names out there, and see what D & G options shake out. You want upgrades, but not necessarily specific guys.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    There might be some FA D that can help you, as you are very forward heavy. I'm guessing you start 6 D with that "real NHL roster size", but maybe not.

I'd put some forward names out there, and see what D & G options shake out. You want upgrades, but not necessarily specific guys.
    Yeah 6 D start. The best dman available is Gio at the moment

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nylander View Post
    Yeah 6 D start. The best dman available is Gio at the moment
    As in he's the best on waivers right now? Then go get yourself some minors eligible D. The Flyers have a few who are playing, and that's just one team.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.