Thread: [Re-signed] Calen Addison

Dobber Sports Deity

Default [Re-signed] Calen Addison

https://twitter.com/PuckPedia/status...HArdfurCw&s=19

The #MNWild re-signed 23 y/o RFA RD Calen Addison to 1 year $825K deal.

On expiry, will be RFA w/ $866K Qualifying Offer, UFA eligible in '27

29P in 62 GP

Rep'd by Craig Oster @TheHockeyAgency
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: [Re-signed] Calen Addison

Interesting signing.

I guess the Wild don't see him as the sure-fire PP1 defenseman that some are hoping he will be
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Administrator

The Wild had no cap space to sign him for anything more and Addison had no leverage to demand any more. One year opportunity to prove he can be a lineup regular and not be phased out by the end of the year. Good chance to put up some more numbers if he does stick in the lineup every night.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

The Seeker

Tough spot for team and player given the buyout cap issues they created. Addison should have a chance to show what he’s all about here.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

The Great One

Maybe I'm missing something, and for sure it's possible as I'm anything but a cap guru, but if he goes nuts won't Minnesota be in a pickle given that it's only a one year deal and they're not out from under cap hell until 2025-26 I believe?
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something, and for sure it's possible as I'm anything but a cap guru, but if he goes nuts won't Minnesota be in a pickle given that it's only a one year deal and they're not out from under cap hell until 2025-26 I believe?
    Not that bad. They've got 10M coming off the books in Zuccarello, Fleury and Goligoski so they'll have some freedom here. He's also still not arbitration eligible and not UFA eligible until 2027 so Minnesota holds the hammer. I'm sure they'd have loved to have done a longer bridge deal, but literally had no space.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

The Seeker

In a year they’ll have Zucc, Foligno, Goligoski, and Fleury off the books. That frees up about $14.5 mil. Addison will still be an RFA with arbitration rights and requiring a very low qualifying offer. If push comes to shove that’ll buy them another year at some reasonable number. Rossi will still be on his ELC. Hartmann will be due a raise. But they should be able to maneuver this just fine until the 25-26 season.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Pro

Let's see what Addison and his agent say if he has a breakout year. I wonder if they have a "promise" to make up for it when they are out of cap hell.
    I am not sure MIN can afford to alienate him either as they cant afford to bring anyone else in this year.
    Brodin and Spurgeon are not promising backup plans.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Not that bad. They've got 10M coming off the books in Zuccarello, Fleury and Goligoski so they'll have some freedom here. He's also still not arbitration eligible and not UFA eligible until 2027 so Minnesota holds the hammer. I'm sure they'd have loved to have done a longer bridge deal, but literally had no space.
    Got it. So while yes the Suter and Parise penalty will still haunt them in 2024-25, it'll be less impactful due to other players coming off the books.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/