Thread: Nylander for Connor/Morrissey

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Nylander for Connor/Morrissey

Hi all,

I'm about 36 hours away from my keeper submission deadline, and I have an interesting proposition on the table. See my signature below for my league's set up and my roster. Note esp. the DEF point category, which adds weigh to Dmen in the league.

What you need to know:
    - doing off-season deals in my league is tough - I'm happy to see to GMs involved and chatting with me!
    - league rules prohibit the trading of any pick higher than a 4th in the off-season
    - I'm a perennial contender for the league championship and want to keep in that way

The offer:
    My Connor + Morrissey (neither of whom I can keep)
    for
    His Nylander

If I do this deal, I have to drop either Karlsson OR Svechnikov. So the question is, is Nylander an obvious upgrade on Connor.

If I don't do this deal, I have a 4th on the table for Connor and might be able to get a 4th for Morrissey as well. 4th rounds are decent but not excellent value... The top 120 players are kept in this league, and 30+ players will be selected off the board before we get to round 4th. So I'm looking at a 2nd or 3rd starter, a 60-70 point forward with upside, a 45-50 point Dman with upside, or some kind of home run swing. Those are, I'd say, the best case scenarios with 4th rounders.

Rep for advice!

Cheers
    -----------------

LEAGUE: keeper -- 6 keepers per year, no farm; roto; 10 managers, 18-man rosters; 2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 UTIL, 2 G, 5 Bench; limits of 99 games per skater position & 82 games per goalie position; daily roster moves; max 100 waiver wire transactions per year; scoring categories of G, A, +/-, HIT, PPP, SOG, DEF (points by d-men), W, GAA, SA%, and SV.

ROSTER:

C: Draisaitl* (LW), Dubois, Nelson
    LW: Svechnikov* (RW), Hagel
    RW: Kucherov*, Tarasenko, Wilson, Stone, Laine, Reinhart, P. Kane (IR)
    D: Fox*, Karlsson*, Chabot (IR), Faulk, Martinez
    G:: Vasilevskiy*, Vanecek, Adin, Knight (IR)

* = 2023 keepers

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Nylander for Connor/Morrissey

To me, Nylander and Connor are the Spidermen pointing at each other image. Nylander was a smidge better last year, but Connor had his worst career shooting percentage, so there is likely positive regression coming. Nylander seems likely to go elsewhere next year, despite the talk of working out his extension, so that introduces risk. Then again, the Jets' hangar is collapsing.

If you're a perennial contender, I'd rather have Svechnikov over Nylander. And I'd want Karlsson to win right now.

Perhaps the best thing to do is do the deal and try to turn Nylander and one of Karlsson/Svech for something. But as you say, deals in the offseason are tough. Still, it costs you nothing long term to get Nylander and see if you can use him. Maybe feel out with friendly owners if they would do a deal if you were able to get Nylander before committing to the Nylander deal on the table.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I agree with Senryu, and would add svech in as the third spiderman. With the three of them being so even, I think I would keep Svech, and take the two pick upgrades for Connor and Morrisey. I feel Svech and two extra 4th's is worth more than Nylander. A nice bonus with Svech is the extra hitting he brings, which is a category in your league.

Administrator

I don't get why we care about Connor vs. Nylander here if you can't keep Connor.

If the decision is trade this package for Nylander and then drop one of Svechnikov or Karlsson I am passing on the deal.

I'd sooner trade Morrissey and Connor for the draft picks.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Thanks for the insight, all! I traded Connor and Morrissey for the 2 4th rounders, and will keep Karlsson & Svech in my last two spots.
    -----------------

LEAGUE: keeper -- 6 keepers per year, no farm; roto; 10 managers, 18-man rosters; 2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 UTIL, 2 G, 5 Bench; limits of 99 games per skater position & 82 games per goalie position; daily roster moves; max 100 waiver wire transactions per year; scoring categories of G, A, +/-, HIT, PPP, SOG, DEF (points by d-men), W, GAA, SA%, and SV.

ROSTER:

C: Draisaitl* (LW), Dubois, Nelson
    LW: Svechnikov* (RW), Hagel
    RW: Kucherov*, Tarasenko, Wilson, Stone, Laine, Reinhart, P. Kane (IR)
    D: Fox*, Karlsson*, Chabot (IR), Faulk, Martinez
    G:: Vasilevskiy*, Vanecek, Adin, Knight (IR)

* = 2023 keepers

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by rooneypoo View Post
    Thanks for the insight, all! I traded Connor and Morrissey for the 2 4th rounders, and will keep Karlsson & Svech in my last two spots.
    Correct move IMO.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

The Seeker

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    Correct move IMO.
    Yes - good move here.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch