Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Babcock Resignation/Photos

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Babcock and the Photos

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Asking a 30yr old who's established in the league to show pictures of his family to connect with them is one thing. Asking a rookie to see his photos who knows what you did to Marner his rookie year is something a player could not be ok with.

Maybe Babcock didn't even ask a rookie for photos, but I assumed it was a young player reaching out to Biz about it and understood the situation wrong.

I think it's blown out of proportion, but it doesn't change the fact that anything Babcock does this yr will be looked at under a microscope. 0 games played, 0 full practices, 1 statement issued. This is what CBJ signed up for, and the PR team should have anticipated this.

The good thing about it is that it happened way before the season, and it's blown out of proportion. So maybe everyone involved will fix the issue before it spills over to meaningful days.
    Definitely blown out of proportion.

Again, if you listen to the 32 Thoughts podcast, not only did they interview Gaudreau, but they also interviewed Bill Daly. He stated that both the NHL and the NHLPA looked into it and nothing came out of that. If a younger player had an issue with it, there's probably a chance something would have been said the NHLPA at the very least. There was nothing, much like this whole story. #hatersgonnahate
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Hercules

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post

Again, if you listen to the 32 Thoughts podcast, not only did they interview Gaudreau, but they also interviewed Bill Daly. He stated that both the NHL and the NHLPA looked into it and nothing came out of that. If a younger player had an issue with it, there's probably a chance something would have been said the NHLPA at the very least. There was nothing, much like this whole story. #hatersgonnahate
    It's def a weird situation when it comes to a couple of people having an issue with a boss when everyone else doesn't. If it's not a big hugely illegal issue, the ones that initially raised their voices might dial it back out of "it's not big enough to get outside people involved".

We've all beached about a boss where we wouldn't get HR involved, and if it got to a more formal complaint, you would back peddle cause it's not worth it. Especially when hundreds of thousands in salary is on the line (AHL vs NHL salaries).

Not arguing that it isn't blown out of proportion, but just because the NHLPA got involved and found nothing doesn't mean Babcock hasn't already made players feel uneasy about what he's done.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

Administrator

The latest report from Friedman, which I linked to above does indicated that while the NHL and the PA were initially satisfied by the response from the vets further investigation shows some players uncomfortable with the process and it has caused Gaudreau and Jenner to reconsider their stance.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post

Babcock should not be back in the NHL just like Bill Peters should not be anywhere near a WHL team. It's amazing how bad that GMs are at hiring coaches.
    This is so correct. Could not agree more.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Hercules

Here's what the guys on OverDrive think about it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tua7...ab_channel=TSN

It starts at 36:58
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

Dobber Sports Deity

Just so I am clear, for the guys here who have an issue with this whole situation, if you have a new boss who comes in and asks you "hey what did you do this summer? Can I see some pictures of your family and what you did this summer", you would find this request to be offensive?

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Monster

Just so I am clear, for the guys here who have an issue with this whole situation, if you have a new boss who comes in and asks you "hey what did you do this summer? Can I see some pictures of your family and what you did this summer", you would find this request to be offensive?
    I don’t see much here as you have pointed out. But it doesn’t change my opinion of Babcock one bit. The guy and ego maniac and sociopath. He should not be in the NHL.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Veteran

Yes.

It's intrusive and an abuse of power.

It makes assumptions that one is willing to share a private part of their personal life.

And that individual may feel pressured and forced to share those private things with the new boss as they are in a position of power.

You also need to consider in this day and age one's phone is almost like a personal diary and then some.

It's very private and inconsiderate to ask to see the content of it.

This is why you let HR handle the ice breakers.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Veteran

If it’s some random new boss probably not. If it was a new manager/CEO but from the same industry who had a sketchy history, maybe.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr2253729
    I don’t see much here as you have pointed out. But it doesn’t change my opinion of Babcock one bit. The guy and ego maniac and sociopath. He should not be in the NHL.
    LOL! Ok. As I say, haters gonna hate.

Dobber Sports Monster

LOL! Ok. As I say, haters gonna hate.
    Ohhhhhh yeah!
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by evans334 View Post
    Yes.

It's intrusive and an abuse of power.

It makes assumptions that one is willing to share a private part of their personal life.

And that individual may feel pressured and forced to share those private things with the new boss as they are in a position of power.

You also need to consider in this day and age one's phone is almost like a personal diary and then some.

It's very private and inconsiderate to ask to see the content of it.

This is why you let HR handle the ice breakers.
    I disagree, but this is your opinion. No one was forced to show anything and I wouldn't consider it inconsiderate to be asked. It's not like he grabbed their phones and just started scanning through their pictures. He asked to see family pictures. Whip-dee-do!

Administrator

It depends on so much. I can totally envision the circumstance as you've laid it out above where it's totally reasonable and even if I wasn't comfortable sharing that stuff I wouldn't see it as unreasonable. But if it's a new manager or a job interview, which it kind of is for some of the new players, or if it's asked a different way so that it's less of a honest request and more of a demand, then I could see being a totally unreasonable. What's the body language, and tone, and setting of the room when the request is made? Just so many nuances with day-to-day interactions that can tilt something from reasonable and genuine to intrusive and demanding.

And it's clear that a couple of players who spoke publicly had no issue, but upon further investigation the PA has found players who have an issue. So we're waiting on further information.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Veteran

"Based on the information that has been discovered and percolated to the surface in the last 48 hours, I think there's a chance Babcock's job could be in question... I'm not reporting or predicting it's going to happen, but there's a chance that happens."

@DarrenDreger on whether Mike Babcock's job status is in question moving forward.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Not one bit!!!! Definitely not one bit!! I would think that is awesome of my boss to care.

But then again... I am not one of those that searches out the negative in every situation.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​