View Poll Results: Which teams will have a goalie - any goalie - start 50+ games for them this season?

Voters
62. This poll is closed
  • Boston

4 6.45%
  • Buffalo

7 11.29%
  • Chicago

5 8.06%
  • Columbus

28 45.16%
  • Edmonton

15 24.19%
  • LA

5 8.06%
  • Montreal

7 11.29%
  • New Jersey

22 35.48%
  • Ottawa

26 41.94%
  • San Jose

2 3.23%
  • Vegas

5 8.06%
  • None of the above

9 14.52%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Goalie Battles

The Great One

Default ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Goalie Battles

Welcome back to the only poll I've run every year since the Roos Lets Loose format began. It's one where you decide which uncertain goalie pictures will be a lot less cloudy over the course of the regular season.

Listed as choices are the 11 teams for which Dobber has surmised - in the Fantasy Guide - there is an 80% chance or less of one goalie being the starter. In order for a team to get your vote, you'd need to be believe that a goalie - any goalie - will start 50+ games for the team this coming season. So vote for as many teams where you think that will indeed happen. If somehow you believe not a single one of these 11 teams will have a 50+ start goalie, there is a 12th "None of the above" choice you should select.

Some of you might be asking whether I'll list the percentage for each team. Nope - you need to buy the Guide to find out that piece of information!

As always, please post who you voted for and why, as that is more illuminating and fun.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

The Great One

Default Re: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Goalie Battles

I voted for three teams:

Columbus - I think Elvis was shook up last season after he witnessed the death of his close friend. With a year to move past it, I think he finds his form.
    Edmonton - I don't believe in Campbell whatsoever
    New Jersey - I think Schmid will start a bunch of games, but with the money being paid Vanecek he'll likely get to 50+
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Titan

Columbus and NJ for me. Easy starter with the contract, with only health that could throw them off.

The rest either have a second goalie that's starting 30+ games, or a few to split it and some injury issues for the starter.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Columbus: Elvis is the guy for them. He's played 50 before.
    Edmonton: Skinner started 48 last year as a rookie. He can 2 more starts, he even played 50 games.
    Montreal: I have a feeling they make a trade for a real goalie before the season, or Allen & Montembault prove no impediment to DeSmith or the youth.

Just missed:
    Ottawa. Korpisalo has the contract, but cannot stay healthy and good at the same time.
    NJ: Vanecek played 50 last year, but didn't start 50. I think high 40's is likely again.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Administrator

I like Skinner's chances in Edmonton. He's just a stud. Campbell's got the contract and will get some run, but even 30 starts for him gets Skinner where he needs to be.

I also voted for Merzlikins in Columbus as a guy they want to ride.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports All-Star

I think Campbell might get another look. Skinner will be waiting.

Elvis is the guy in Columbus, Tarasov not ready yet.

I see Schmid taking some starts away from Vanacek. Close one here.