Thread: Good time to buy low on Tony Deangelo?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Good time to buy low on Tony Deangelo?

I know there is issues with Tortorella and Philadelphia is not a good team but Tony DeAngelo has a lot of talent. Would you buy low on him if you could? Also, do you think Brandt Clarke could be relevant as soon as next year at the NHL level?

14 teams dynasty pool, 14 players, 6F, 3D, 2G, 3 backups of any position. Point only.

Forwards and Defensemen, 1 point for goal or assist
    Goalies, W=2 pts, OTL=1 pt, SO=3 pts

My team :
    F : J.Robertson, K.Connor, T.Stutzle, P.Kane, M.Boldy, D.Perron, A.Newhook, M.Rossi
    D : C.Makar, E.Bouchard, B.Clarke
    G : I.Shesterkin, T.Demko, J.Wallstedt

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Good time to buy low on Tony Deangelo?

This year was great, but I don't see the Kings putting Clarke in there. The Kings have 5 d under contract next year. If they resign Gavrikov then they've got their six. They also have Bjornfot who is an RFA. Best to let Clarke adjust to defending at the AHL level for a year.

As to DeAngelo, I think you're going to see his production tail off a little each year he remains in the league. As he slows, his defensive shortcomings will be less and less acceptable.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Since you have points only, that's pretty much DeAngelo's best format - he's admittedly also good at giving PIM. Depends on the cost.

I think he's going to be a 40 point guy next year, and gets traded for something before the deadline; honestly as a Flyers fan, I'd like him gone before the season, but he's one of Fletcher's mistakes who is likely here until the deadline.

I think Clarke is ahead of Bjornfot at this point, although I like Bjornfot a reasonble amount. I agree with senryu that it comes down to whether LA brings Gavrikov back or gets another D in FA as whether Clarke gets a lot of time in LA.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I think if clarke got 30 next year I'd be very stoked as an owner-m. Dmen take awhike- even the very good ones and that blue line is loaded!

I haven't done any real deep dive on D'Angelo so I don't have any insider info- but he seems to have plateaued a bit offensively amd that team situation doesn't look great for at least next year. For example im a pretty big tippeett fan but im having a hard time seeing how hell really "break out" next year- looks a lot more like a 60ish point player on Philly...

Dobber Sports Ninja

DeAngelo is a tough call and directly related to your risk/reward tolerance. He's a guy who has recorded 53 points in 68 games with the Rangers, 53 points in 68 games with the Canes and most recently, 42 points in 70 games with the Flyers. Clearly, talent isn't the issue. I'm not sure how long he stays in Philly, but depending on my team make up and cost to acquire, I would likely roll the dice with him...then hope that he matures enough to where he doesn't wear out his welcome too quickly, or hope he finds himself traded to a situation where he can produce (not sure what that would look like though).
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    DeAngelo is a tough call and directly related to your risk/reward tolerance. He's a guy who has recorded 53 points in 68 games with the Rangers, 53 points in 68 games with the Canes and most recently, 42 points in 70 games with the Flyers. Clearly, talent isn't the issue. I'm not sure how long he stays in Philly, but depending on my team make up and cost to acquire, I would likely roll the dice with him...then hope that he matures enough to where he doesn't wear out his welcome too quickly, or hope he finds himself traded to a situation where he can produce (not sure what that would look like though).
    Usually The Comish is only 51% right with stuff like this, but in this case, I'm thinking it's a solid 75% (:
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Administrator

I'd have no issue buying low on Tony D. He was on pace for 49 points and it was considered a bad season.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust