Thread: K'Miller & Kaliyev vs Byfield & Chytil?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default K'Miller & Kaliyev vs Byfield & Chytil?

I have the Miller side and received an offer of Byfiled plus Chytil for K'Andre Miller & Arthur Kaliyev? Defensman that can score are rare but is Byfields upside worth the move? Points only dynasty league. Defensman are rewarded 2 points for a goal.
    14 team dynasty league points only / H2H
    draft up to 35 and cut 5 to 30 after one month of season. 13 active 12 bench & 5 prospects.
    dress 7 forwards, 3 defensman, 1 vet ( 31 & older), 1 rookie & 1 goalie per week

Forwards - Stone, J.T.Miller, A. Svechnikov, Mika Zibanijad, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Nico Hischier, Jack Hughes, Elias Lindholm, Quinton Byfield, Filip Chytil, Nick Schmaltz & Jaden Schwartz.

Defense- Cale Makar, Quinn Hughes, Roman Josi, Thomas Chabot, K'Andre Miller & Cam Fowler.

Goalies - Igor Shesterkin & Karel Vejmalka & Jeremy Swayman.

Prospects - Alex Turcotte, Brandt Clarke, Denton Mateychuk , Henry Thrun & Filip Bystedt.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: K'Miller & Kaliyev vs Byfield & Chytil?

Is the format: Forwards 1 point all scoring, Defensemen 1 point per assist, 2 points per goal? Even if that is the scoring, I prefer the Byfield/Chytil side.

Miller is probably a 50 point or so D in that format.
    I think all the forwards have 75-80 point upside, but I doubt you'd dress Miller over many other of your D, where as I could see the forwards getting in lineups more often.

If I don't have the scoring right, let me know.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by NewJersyFan View Post
    I have the Miller side and received an offer of Byfiled plus Chytil for K'Andre Miller & Arthur Kaliyev? Defensman that can score are rare but is Byfields upside worth the move? Points only dynasty league. Defensman are rewarded 2 points for a goal.
    Your D looks just fine without Miller. I’d take that deal. I think Chytil has another gear yet.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Is the format: Forwards 1 point all scoring, Defensemen 1 point per assist, 2 points per goal? Even if that is the scoring, I prefer the Byfield/Chytil side.

Miller is probably a 50 point or so D in that format.
    I think all the forwards have 75-80 point upside, but I doubt you'd dress Miller over many other of your D, where as I could see the forwards getting in lineups more often.

If I don't have the scoring right, let me know.
    you are correct, Dmen get 2 points for a goal and 1 point for an assist.
    draft up to 35 and cut 5 to 30 after one month of season. 13 active 12 bench & 5 prospects.
    dress 7 forwards, 3 defensman, 1 vet ( 31 & older), 1 rookie & 1 goalie per week

Forwards - Stone, J.T.Miller, A. Svechnikov, Mika Zibanijad, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Nico Hischier, Jack Hughes, Elias Lindholm, Quinton Byfield, Filip Chytil, Nick Schmaltz & Jaden Schwartz.

Defense- Cale Makar, Quinn Hughes, Roman Josi, Thomas Chabot, K'Andre Miller & Cam Fowler.

Prospects - Alex Turcotte, Brandt Clarke, Denton Mateychuk , Henry Thrun & Filip Bystedt.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'd probably go with the two forwards side. But FWIW, while he will be great, I don't byfield will be a top point producer in the NHL. Maybe a 65-75ish pt guy at his peak

Administrator

Byfield/Chytil

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by silkysmooth View Post
    I'd probably go with the two forwards side. But FWIW, while he will be great, I don't byfield will be a top point producer in the NHL. Maybe a 65-75ish pt guy at his peak
    Thanks for the feedback BUT, Byfield is a 6'5 power forward with a fantastic skillset. He has 75 games under his belt at age 20- the upside gamble is there to be had and its way too early to cap his upside. I am looking at this as where will he be in 3 years.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by NewJersyFan View Post
    Thanks for the feedback BUT, Byfield is a 6'5 power forward with a fantastic skillset. He has 75 games under his belt at age 20- the upside gamble is there to be had and its way too early to cap his upside. I am looking at this as where will he be in 3 years.
    No problem!

And yes, totally. I'm not weighing too heavily on what he has shown so far at only age 20--but I honestly think his likeliest outcome is a 65-75 pt power forward. I don't think he'll be ppg+

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by silkysmooth View Post
    No problem!

And yes, totally. I'm not weighing too heavily on what he has shown so far at only age 20--but I honestly think his likeliest outcome is a 65-75 pt power forward. I don't think he'll be ppg+
    Fair enough. On a side note the other GM got cold feet and pulled the offer anyways. so no Byfield for me! : (

Administrator

You sat on the offer for too long

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    You sat on the offer for too long
    unfortunatly, it appears so