Thread: Aho Point Barzal for Werenski

The Great One

Default Aho Point Barzal for Werenski

I kind of think of them all relatively the same- point per game players who shoot enough (aka around 200) but its not necessarily a strength.

My league ays 6 forwards split between w and c- you can skate 2 and 4 or 3 and 2 its your call and d get extra points for plus minus in top of that so defense is big- lol! I'm not competing this year or likely in 2 or even 3 years so the time missing doesn't co corn me.

For werwnski o DO worry about:

- Only topping 50 points once. I believe in him. I think there's a small chance he can become even better than he has already but to date hes only scored 50 once. I'm just saying he's not a proven commodity...

- Jiricek I know dmen adapting to nhl speed is the 3xceptuon not the rule but it sounds like they got a good one in jiricek- heck maybe even in the other d guy they drafted too - mateychuk! I'm just saying there's competition...

- A season ending injury is no joke- im not worried about missed time i do worry about whether the injury hampers his future play. I also if he's a certifiable band aid boy at this point? I'm just saying injuries are a thing with this player...

All things considered- would you move any of these guys for him? I need strong forwards for my rebuild too but timately they are more replaceable and I've always had a personal read on werenski that he could surprise past what we've already seen out of him. Thoughts ? Tater tots?

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Aho Point Barzal for Werenski

They're all quality guys. There's no appreciable age difference between any of them. Werenski's had a torn labrum, sports hernia, and some other problems. Ultimately you want a PP1 guy on a team with a humming power play. Is that going to happen in Columbus? Pieces could be there, but have never come together. Laine is hurt yet again. I'm not worried about another defenseman in the system surpassing Werenski for offensive deployment; others like Mateychuk and Jiricek are good but neither of them are markedly better at scoring than Werenski is. It's more a matter of whether Werenski can be healthy and Columbus can get a good offensive team going.

I'd probably stay with each of the forwards. You know what they are and there's no real reason to believe that any of them will stop being what they are. Barzal in a scoring system might even improve. Stick with solid, high-end guys who have proven their predictable value over gambling.