Thread: REALLY, Heatley or Kane?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default REALLY, Heatley or Kane?

Forget about the crap year he\'s having. Is Heatley a better long-term keeper than Kane?
    Yahoo! H2H Keeper league (keep 12). Edit lines daily:
    3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G, 1Util, 4bench
    (G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, SV%, GAA, W, SO)

C-Spezza, Brule, Crosby, Oshie, Stamkos
    RW-Havlat, Bergfors, Okposo, Clarkson, Sexton
    LW-Ovechkin, Kariya, Perron, A. Kostitsyn, Sullivan, Pouliot
    D-Chara, E. Johnson, Jones, Enstrom
    G- Pavelec, Rask, Boucher

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Waiting for some help! Also, here\'s a trade I\'ve proposed. Tell me if I offered too little:

I offered Brown, Doughty, Fleury for Backstrom, Kaberle, Huet.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

i would rather have Heatley over Kane any day of the week.

Your trade offer depends on the other GMs position. If he is attempting to win then he would never accept that deal. If he is building for the future then the Fleury side of the deal is very tempting.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Long term I would much rather have Kane....maybe short term too.

I kind of agree on the trade, it really depends on the other teams situation....but if he is rebuilding he might want to keep Backstrom anyway....not sure if that is enough for that package, but it might be.
    Pat LaFontaine #16

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I would take Dany Heatley. When a 77 point pace is considered a \'crap year\', you know you\'ve got a hell of a player.
    10-team dynasty H2H(12F-6D-2G) -- Gls, Asts 1 pt each, goalie win 1.5 pts, SO 2 pts.

F: Antropov, Berglund, Brown, Connolly B., Dalpe, Datsyuk, Dumont, Eller, Frolik, Gaborik, Huselius, Koivu M., Marleau, Mueller, Neal, Pavelski, Sedin H., Stepan, Zajac

D: Boyle, Jovanovski, Letang, McBain, Robidas, Russel, Seidenberg, Shattenkirk, Visnovsky, Wideman,

G: Kiprusoff, Neuvirth, Rinne, Smith M.

Administrator

Tough to say just because Kane is still so young, I mean we don\'t know what the ceiling on his production is. With Heatley we\'ve got a pretty good idea what his ceiling is. The best he ever did was like 100 points on some powerhouse Ottawa teams, I\'m not knocking 100 points, but with Kane you never know if he could some day break that by a bunch.

I have to favour Heatley simply because goal scorers will always find a way to get their points and even in a terrible season he\'s still gonna bust the 80 point mark. If you want to take a chance on getting the next top player then Kane is the guy you want to go after. He could have some 120 point seasons down the road, or he could stumble and max out at 90 points. But just on potential alone Kane is the second best RW to own, behind Iginla.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Initiate

I\'d take Kane in a heartbeat...

Upside: Kane
    Team Situation: Kane

These are the big three reasons why.

This is no knock on Heatley, he\'s a beauty of course but Kane is just turning into something very special in Chicago.
    "I mean technically, I could say that every defender's upside is 80 points and never 'lose my house.'"
    - lanky 522

Dobber Sports Novice

Kane certainly has youth on his side; but it\'s hard to say if he can even become an equal of Heatley (given his spectacular output) let alone surpass him. The kicker is, I\'d expect Danny to struggle to get to 100+ pt seasons again as long as Craig Hartsburg runs the show in Ottawa. Even though Eugene gave him the big thumbs up recently, I can\'t imagine the Sens keeping him in town if they miss the playoffs. But who knows? So Chi stock is on the rise, Kane is younger and if you only get an 80pt player out of it that\'s not a big drop off for you is it?

Looking at your roster however, do you need to make this deal? There is risk involved for you and it doesn\'t exactly put you over the top. I\'d look to upgrade your goal (I\'m suffering the PIT free fall myself) or find a temp backfill at center (Stasny will be back w/ around 30 games tho) over trading away a stud forward for a dynamite youngster.
    h2h category keeper pool: G/A/+/-/PPP/W/Saves/S%/GAA
    9FWD/4D/1G with bench and farm teams.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Perry, E.Staal, Weiss, Fleischmann, Lucic, Toews, Wheeler, Berglund, Ennis, Neal, Morrow, Kessel, Gionta, Kulikov, Yandle, Carlson, Suter, Hedman, Rinne, Halak

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Hartsburg\'s on borrowed time in Ottawa, after last nights disaster (Alfy -3, ughh...i hate you). He\'ll be gone by Monday. As for the question at hand, it\'s heater, he\'s a top 5 player and Kane is not there yet. Not to say he won\'t get there but there are too many variables. I\'d take the sure thing.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Yeah, I cancelled the Heatley trade cuz the guy wanted MORE!
    He offered Kane, Modano, and Steen for Heatley, Kessel, and Berglund! HA! What does he take me for?