Thread: Rossi - Time to cut bait?

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Rossi - Time to cut bait?

I still have faith in Rossi for the long term and have no intent of losing him even in a limited keeper. But is it time to cut bait on him in one-year leagues?

He's only getting between 11-13 minutes of ice time and isn't putting up stats of note in any category.

Debating on dropping him in my one year league with the intent of picking him back up if he shows signs of life. Or should I be patient and staple him to the bench for another week or two before cutting bait?
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Rossi - Time to cut bait?

6 games in things are statistically pretty bleak for Rossi. He's having some success in the faceoff circle but that's all there is. I'm sure there are improvements to be had on the wire and I can't see anyone snapping Rossi up if you drop him, so there's really nothing to lose here. That said, I'd keep a close eye on him and if he does start to turn things around snap him up before another GM beats you to it. I'm inclined to think this is a development year for Rossi and the chances of him being fantasy relevant in a one-year league is not a high percentage bet but never say never so wait and see.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Deity

I guess it would depend on what the other options are instead of Rossi, but yeah, he's probably fodder for now.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Non-generational rookie centers are usually very minimal offensive players in their first, even 2nd years.
    Coaches expect them to lock down their general positioning and defensive play before they try to do the offensive things they did in juniors/minors.

Rossi is going to be a great player... but not this year.

(Similar young centers also not putting up stats that people might be expecting: Byfield, Newhook, Shane Wright, Cole Sillinger *who isn't really a rookie, but close).

Matty Beniers and Wyatt Johnston are both putting up solid points.
    I think Beniers is going to absolutely run away with the Calder.