Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A peculiar offer...my Shesterking + PLD for his McDavid, yey or nay?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: A peculiar offer...my Shesterking + PLD for his McDavid, yey or nay?

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Great move man.

I’m be interested in knowing the roster of the other team. I mean, this deal looks aweful for the OGM on paper, but I’d love to see who his goalies are now and who else other than PLD he has at C. Maybe the whole (McDavid) isn’t as much of a loss compared to the sum of the other parts of it fills a need. Doubt it will change the minds of the majority but always interesting to get the bigger picture on a deal like this.

But for you… it’s a hands down Win… even if it left you with a need at goalie… that’s easier to replace then it is to acquire a Game Dominator like McD!
    His other goalies are Vasi, Fleury and now Igor...haha, he sure is looking forward to a World domination in those cats.

As for C, he now got Dubois, Zibanejad, Barzal, Suzuki and Stuetzle...not bad at all still even after losing McD

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: A peculiar offer...my Shesterking + PLD for his McDavid, yey or nay?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    Honestly, I don't think was absolute highway robbery. A good acquisition for sure, but in your scoring format you did pay a price. With 4 goalie scoring cats, Shesterkin has an awful lot of value, like, bigtime, and if he is what he seems, that's a significant asset heading the other way. PDL in your format also has a lot of value, and I'm expecting him to step things up moving forward. I like the deal, but personally I think there is a good chance this turns out to be OK for sure, but not the slam dunk that it may appear to be.
    My thoughts were exactly that...maybe its a win for me but certainly not by a landslide. In fact, if he has asked for one of my high end wingers (M.Tkachuk, DeBrincat) instead of Dubois, I probably would had passed on that. I will try to pry Swayman from another manager to pair with my Ullmark but he's pretty tough negotiator, so don't think picks and prospects would be enough to get it done and I am not too keen on dealing any of my forwards. So most likely will do a streaming for goalies as needed.

Dobber Sports Wizard

What a win of a deal.

I'll take the sure thing of McDavid, over a one season of excellence goalie.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    I was just offered Pelletier, Rust and second rounder together with whole paragraph on why this package is more than fair for my Mcdavid
    Am I the only one dying to read that paragraph?
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk