Thread: Prospect choices

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Prospect choices

Limited keeper, points only, 12 F 6 D 2 G.
    I am rebuilding (we do quick 1 year rebuilds in my league), trying to hedge between guys that will make their teams in 22-23, and start to pop hopefully by 23-24 because I'm trying to win that year.

I have space for 3-4 of the following pool of players:

Beniers
    Perfetti
    Eklund
    K Johnson
    W Johnston
    McTavish

Power

I think Beniers and Power are kind of locks at this point (D-men are quite hard to come by).
    Tough choices, wondering if you guys can provide me with your thoughts. Thanks.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Prospect choices

I’d keep Power, Beniers, Perfetti, and then a toss up between K. Johnson/McTavish/Eklund. I like Wyatt too, just think he’ll take longer to be a mainstay in the lineup.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think you stay with the 2 players you have listed; Beniers & Power.

In my eyes I am looking at Eklund, K Johnson & McTavish for the final 1 or 2 spots.
    Asked to pick right now I want Eklund & K Johnson

That is not a slight against McTavish, but pts only I think hurts McTavish a bit. If we were speaking of multi-cat or a goal heavy reward then he becomes #1
    I left my previous fantasy hockey league. So just some guy who likes and plays hockey.

Dobber Sports Icon

Perfetti, Mctavish Eklund and Power

I would also be fine in substituting Johnson for either of the to Cs
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports All-Star

Perfetti, Eklund, Power and Beniers.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Giant

Beniers, Power, Perfetti, Mctavish for me
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Cooley, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Ace

I think that the guys who best meet your criteria are Power, Beniers, Eklund, and Perfetti.

Long term, I want K. Johnson at the top of the list.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Feenom View Post
    I'm in the same camp. This is the best balance of most immediate payoff and upside. You could take some chances and maybe win elsewhere, but this is a great blend of opportunity and talent.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Veteran

Thanks everybody for your input. For the sake of discussion I'll just post my thoughts here:

Beniers - with how well he did at the end of last season and his situation in Seattle - pencilled in at #1 C with improved winger options in Burakovsky and Bjorkstrand - seems like a no-brainer. I'm pretty excited about this guy's future
    Perfetti - I'm not happy with the Bowness hire or the overall situation in Winnipeg. It feels like the team is on a very slow decline. Also, Perfetti doesnt get a lot of hype and I think his injury late last season took some of the spotlight off him. All that said, he has a good chance to line up in a fairly stacked top-6 and last season he was playing with Connor. I'm leaning towards keeping him.
    Eklund - a difficult call. He's been hyped as one of the higher-upside picks since his draft, but since then hasn't done a ton and there are still question marks around his physical development and being able to handle the NHL. Also the SJ team looks like a bit of trainwreck. I've been going back and forth on my opinion of him.
    K Johnson - I really want to see how training camp/preseason plays out because it seems like he could either make the team and do really well or not. Its also looking like he may play wing. Obviously the jackpot scenario is that he centers Gaudreau or at least Laine. I really want to keep him but it's a riskier gamble than some of the others right now. Agree that his long term potential is sky high.
    W Johnston - probably too much of a long shot to keep over some of these other guys at this point, but I also get the feeling that he's one of those guys I'll regret dropping sooner rather than later. Like I can envision a scenario where he makes the team and is in the running for a Calder, but it seems like a long shot right now.
    McTavish - such a wild card, I see a wide range of opinions about him, some are very high and some the opposite. Anaheim probably wont be good and I just really cant put my finger on where this guy will be this season. Next season he should be a great play for sure, though.

Power - pretty blue chip. If good D-men were easier to come by, I might be scared off as his ceiling is guaranteed to be capped behind Dahlin. But it feels like he's good enough to still reach 40-50 points sooner rather than later. All that said he's pretty much a lock to keep.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Feenom View Post
    I agree with this.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy D Monkey View Post
    Thanks everybody for your input. For the sake of discussion I'll just post my thoughts here:

Beniers - with how well he did at the end of last season and his situation in Seattle - pencilled in at #1 C with improved winger options in Burakovsky and Bjorkstrand - seems like a no-brainer. I'm pretty excited about this guy's future
    Perfetti - I'm not happy with the Bowness hire or the overall situation in Winnipeg. It feels like the team is on a very slow decline. Also, Perfetti doesnt get a lot of hype and I think his injury late last season took some of the spotlight off him. All that said, he has a good chance to line up in a fairly stacked top-6 and last season he was playing with Connor. I'm leaning towards keeping him.
    Eklund - a difficult call. He's been hyped as one of the higher-upside picks since his draft, but since then hasn't done a ton and there are still question marks around his physical development and being able to handle the NHL. Also the SJ team looks like a bit of trainwreck. I've been going back and forth on my opinion of him.
    K Johnson - I really want to see how training camp/preseason plays out because it seems like he could either make the team and do really well or not. Its also looking like he may play wing. Obviously the jackpot scenario is that he centers Gaudreau or at least Laine. I really want to keep him but it's a riskier gamble than some of the others right now. Agree that his long term potential is sky high.
    W Johnston - probably too much of a long shot to keep over some of these other guys at this point, but I also get the feeling that he's one of those guys I'll regret dropping sooner rather than later. Like I can envision a scenario where he makes the team and is in the running for a Calder, but it seems like a long shot right now.
    McTavish - such a wild card, I see a wide range of opinions about him, some are very high and some the opposite. Anaheim probably wont be good and I just really cant put my finger on where this guy will be this season. Next season he should be a great play for sure, though.

Power - pretty blue chip. If good D-men were easier to come by, I might be scared off as his ceiling is guaranteed to be capped behind Dahlin. But it feels like he's good enough to still reach 40-50 points sooner rather than later. All that said he's pretty much a lock to keep.
    I must admit I'm smiling to myself here. Your analysis of each player is well considered and is as relevant as any other take other folks might have. The real answer here is that in two or three years we might actually know the best answer. There are so many factors that come into play when evaluating any prospect. It get's worse though, those factors are continually changing and those that don't are also changing as circumstances dictate, it's all totally dynamic and the end result is virtually impossible to predict. But we do it anyway, cause that's what we do (:

So, here we go, Berniers, Power, Eklund and McTavish are my Hail Mary's (:
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf