Thread: Keepers

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Keepers

Hey all hope everyone is enjoying their summer. It's that time of the year where some keeper decisions must be made before the trade market opens up this week.

With team and league in signature, who would your keepers be?

Some more info : Was going for the threepeat this year and although I had my best season ever on a pt/game basis, I came up just short and finished 2nd. Traded a bunch of draft picks so unless I'm able to trade a few players for picks, I won't pick until round 5. Other GMs love those small salary guys. We are also adding a new GM who will pick his 12 keepers from whatever FAs are available after we give in our keeper list.

My mind is mostly made up, aside from a few question marks, but curious to see what others think.

Will rep. Thank you.
    8 Teams - Season long points only limited keeper (7F, 4D, 1G) cap league using cap hit
    Active lineup : 20 (12F, 6D, 2G)
    Bench: 6 (3F, 2D, 1G)
    10 trades for FAs + 10 moves between lineup and bench
    G (1 pt), A (1), W (2), SO (2), OTL (1)

F: McDavid, Stutzle, Hischier, Hyman, Konecny, Raymond, Perfetti, Guentzel, Bratt, Drouin, JT Miller, Peterka, Guenther, L. Carlsson, Zary
    D: Makar, Q. Hughes, Malinski, Durzi, Harley, Sanderson, Clarke, Lundkvist
    G:Sorokin, Demko, Georgiev
    NHL cap : $83.5 cap (bench doesn't count against cap)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Keepers

G: Highly dependent on Campbell's end location.
    D: Hughes, Theodore, Gostisbehere are my top 3 options. I think Chychrun is too highly paid for not enough points as the second offensive banana on Arizona.
    F: You've got plenty of options here. The question comes down to cap allocation, and what you can get back.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks for your input stevegamer.

G: I'm thinking of keeping Swayman. Goalies are so unpredictable so been running goalie combos of less than 2M$ each for the past 3-4 years. Team and salary for Campbell could play a role in choice.
    D: Those are the 4 I'm most likely keeping. Hoping Chychrun gets traded.
    F: This is where it gets tougher. I've got McDavid, Huberdeau, Guentzel and Zegras down as sure keepers. Kucherov I'm kinda scared of the injuries but dropping him doesn't sound like a good option. Pasta I'll try to trade before he re-ups next contract. Robertson impatiently waiting for next contract numbers. Raymond I feel with 2 years left elc he needs to be a keeper. A case can be made for Batherson at his salary for another 5 years but wondering what the Cat effect will be on his PP time. Kyrou is also tempting at 2,8M if he can put up anywhere near what he put up this past season.

If we are to assume no trades, who would be your 7 forward keepers?

Anyone else?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    G: Highly dependent on Campbell's end location.
    D: Hughes, Theodore, Gostisbehere are my top 3 options. I think Chychrun is too highly paid for not enough points as the second offensive banana on Arizona.
    F: You've got plenty of options here. The question comes down to cap allocation, and what you can get back.
    8 Teams - Season long points only limited keeper (7F, 4D, 1G) cap league using cap hit

F: McDavid, Stutzle, Hischier, Hyman, Konecny, Raymond, Perfetti, Guentzel, Bratt, Drouin, JT Miller, Peterka, Guenther, L. Carlsson, Zary

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

F: McDavid, Pastrnak, Huberdeau, Guentzel, J. Robertson, Kucherov, Zegras
    D: Q. Hughes, Theodore, Gostisbehere, Werenski,
    G: Swayman

That was tough. Hard to cut guys like Raymond, Batherson, Kyrou, Fiala, etc. I may change some around if I was trying to keep salary down.
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    F: McDavid, Pastrnak, Huberdeau, Guentzel, J. Robertson, Kucherov, Zegras
    D: Q. Hughes, Theodore, Gostisbehere, Werenski,
    G: Swayman

That was tough. Hard to cut guys like Raymond, Batherson, Kyrou, Fiala, etc. I may change some around if I was trying to keep salary down.
    Thanks for taking the time Zorro.

Only one I have no intention of keeping on your list is Werenski. At over 9M$ he'd have to produce over 80 pts to even come close to being worth a keeper spot. With only 8 teams he probably won't even be rostered at all.

And yeah really hard to cut guys like Raymond, Batherson and Fiala. Raymond with 2 years left on his ELC I feel needs to be a keeper for me... but who does he replace is the question here. Batherson and Kyrou are most likely tradable for decent draft picks. Low salary players have more value with other GMs in my league.