Thread: Ehlers - Caufield/Dach

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Ehlers - Caufield/Dach

Hey, hey, I am trying to get Ehlers and the ask is both my Cole and Dach.

Points only thoughts on what I am getting and giving up this and next year. What does each players numbers look like?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Ehlers - Caufield/Dach

Quote Originally Posted by vickywang View Post
    Hey, hey, I am trying to get Ehlers and the ask is both my Cole and Dach.

Points only thoughts on what I am getting and giving up this and next year. What does each players numbers look like?
    Ehlers has been red hot lately. My only hang up with him is his history of not being able to lock down a 1st PP spot. As a Habs fan, I LOVE what I’ve seen from Caufield, and I don’t see him ever struggling to find prime deployment. I’m not a fan of what I’ve seen from Dach so far. So I’m going with Ehlers based on what he’s proven.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Superstar

Welcome to the Forum! We really need a lot more information about your league and your team to provide a well informed answer. You will see that the majority of the folks on the forum have a "signature" in which they detail all of this key information for others to consider. Once done, your Signature automatically shows up at the bottom of each of your posts, I would recommend you add your signature so we can help you out better. To do this go to Settings at the top of the Forum home page and click it. You will see a Menu on the left hand side of the new window, click on "edit Signature" and away you go.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Superstar

yes, Wheeler is 35 and will soon lose a gear. Ehlers has knocked on the door for awhile now and last season prior to injury was as consistent as they come. He is 26 and the production since his return is reminiscent of last season. While Caufield will be good I do not believe in Dach as a premier player. Trade now for Nikolaj who does not rely on PP for point production. Also if you look into Winnipeg, their second unit is arguably better from a conversion standpoint anyways though that may very well have changed after Copp left. Point is, Ehlers is an even strength star and those are the players you want to build around to win.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Welcome to the forums. I'd want more information on your league format and your team before giving any advice. # of teams, roster sizes rules, keeper/dynasty, your team, etc.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Am I the only one who instantly thinks Caufield>>Ehlers unless you are trying to win this season.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'd to that trade myself. With Ehlers, you're clearly getting the best player in the deal. He's been close to a point-per-game this season and in 2020-21 without ever seeing PP1 time. Things can only go upwards for him if he finally gets that spot, and if not, you've got a proven producer with a high floor.

I'm not sold on Caufield yet. I think he's going to be a good player, but he's probably going to be unidimensional and streaky. I feel like 60-65 points with 30 goals should be considered his ceiling. A bit like Brock Boeser or prime-Mike Hoffman. Montreal is in a rebuild, and I don't see Caufield putting up all-star numbers really soon.

Dach has been a disappointment. He's going to be okay, but like pretty much all big centermen, he's going to need some time. Plus, the Blackhawks are a train-wreck.

Hope this helps.
    11 teams keeper league. Points only.
    We start 12 F + 6 D + 2 G.
    Protect 11 skaters or 10 skaters + 1 goalie each season.
    Goalies : 2 pts for a W, 3 pts for a SO + 1 pt for an OTL.

Roster for 2023-24.
    F : Bedard, Stützle, Bratt, Boldy, Benn, Byfield, Perfetti, Kuznetsov, Kempe, Stephenson, Seguin, Danault
    D : Q. Hughes, Seider, Hutson, Harley, Durzi, DeAngelo
    G : Sorokin, Kochetkov
    Bench : Larkin, Stone, Hayton, Sergachev, Korpisalo