Thread: Bobby Brink

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Bobby Brink

What is Bobby Brink's upside? Is he a good prospect to hold onto for the future? I grabbed him in my dynasty league (team in sig) for next year since I was eliminted in the first round of playoffs despite being a top 4 team all season (Varlamov lost me the week with his 6GA saturday). Because my team is pretty good and I always finish high in the standings, I have low draft picks in my league's snake draft, so I don't often have the opportunity to draft high-impact players. Instead, I've turned to research and free agency to try and make a difference.

From what I have read, Brink looks good and could have star potential. I assume he probably won't have too much impact this season, but I'm curious as to what you guys think regarding his long-term potential and where he slots in on a rebuilding Flyers team nest season
    20-team dynasty cats League, Daily sets
    25 keepers, 2 rookies
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPP,GWG, FOW, Hits, BLKS, SOG, Goalie starts,GAA,SV%,SVS,W,

F: O'Brien, Newhook, Wennberg, Tavares, Kuraly, Bjorkstrand, Skinner, Zucker, Bertuzzi, Coleman, Kurashev, N Robertson

D: Dunn, Moser, Matheson, Mintyukov

G: Binnington, Fleury, Forsberg, Dostal, Rittich
    NA: Sogaard, Denisenko, Annunen

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Bobby Brink

Brink had quite a year in the NCAA, 57 pts in 41 games is pretty impressive. Brink is a small player, in a format like yours and indeed in the NHL he needs to produce big offensive numbers to be valuable as he will not likely fair well with 3rd or 4th line deployment. This is just pure speculation on my part, and I may be wrong, but I'm not sure Brink has the elite skills to become that big offensive producer at the NHL level. It's a gamble IMO. He may well fit the bill of high reward, high risk. I just don't think he is the next Johnny Gaudreau or on par with other elite smallish type NHL forwards who have thrived in the bigs. He also fits the bill as a boom or bust type player, he either earns a job on a scoring line or he is likely in the AHL. He also has Owen Tippet in his way. I would be quite surprised if Brink is a fantasy relevant player with the Fyers next year. Again, pure speculation on my part. Brink is a good hockey player, but he is among many good hockey players and only a few will truly succeed. 50/50 at best.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Pro

In his draft year I projected Brink with 80pt upside but with a longer wait time to get there. Currently I still think he can get there but chances are also good that he will settle as top 6 50pt guy that teases us with flashes of high end skill. Size and skating are his main issues.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

He's got a longer wait, but if you look at the Flyers there SHOULD be plenty of ice time for younger players. However, Fletcher loves his veterans, and isn't afraid to overpay.

I think he's likely a 2nd power play and maybe top 9 guy next year if he plays well enough to make the team.

Farabee-Hayes-Atkinson
    JVR-Couturier-Laughton
    Lindblom-Frost-Tippett

It's possible they move JVR since he'll have just next year left in the offseason. This does assume they re-sign Tippett & Frost, and I see no reason why they shouldn't, except the GM is a moron.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Great name - should be a stud.
    12 Teams, 23 Players (max 3 goalies), H2H, Keep 15 (max 2 goalies)
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 2F, 1U, 4D, 2G, 8 Bench, 2 IR+
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK, W, SV, SV%, SHO

Keepers:
    C - Matthews, Eichel, Hughes (LW), Pettersson
    LW - Kaprizov, Svechnikov (RW), Guentzel, Fiala, Keller (RW)
    RW - Marner, Meier (LW), Laine(C/LW), Jarvis (C)
    D - Dahlin​, Sergachev, Theodore, Klingberg, Werenski, Peeke, Cernak
    G - Shesterkin, Sorokin, Merzlikins
    IR - Pacioretty, Ristolainen

2023 Draft Picks: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

**2021/22 League Champion**

Dobber Sports Ace

I think he's got PPG upside. Not sure what his chances are of reaching that ceiling though. But the upside is definitely there. Flyers fans in my leagues going nuts for him. Feisty fella. Looked real good his first game.

Think he's worth an add.
    Please help wirh mine, thanks: https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...10#post2188410
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    He's got a longer wait, but if you look at the Flyers there SHOULD be plenty of ice time for younger players. However, Fletcher loves his veterans, and isn't afraid to overpay.

I think he's likely a 2nd power play and maybe top 9 guy next year if he plays well enough to make the team.

Farabee-Hayes-Atkinson
    JVR-Couturier-Laughton
    Lindblom-Frost-Tippett

It's possible they move JVR since he'll have just next year left in the offseason. This does assume they re-sign Tippett & Frost, and I see no reason why they shouldn't, except the GM is a moron.
    Even though he had a terrible first 2/3 of the season, Travis Konecny is also a top-6 winger in Philly Brinks would have to displace.
    10 Team, points-only keeper, Keep 15, plus 3 farm (less than 100 games)
    Dress 14 F, 4D, 2G, 10 Bench

F: Jack Hughes - Elias Pettersson - Tim Stützle - Johnny Gaudreau - Carter Verhaeghe - Timo Meier - Brad Marchand - Mark Scheifele - Mats Zuccarello - Alex Tuch - Arrturi Lekhonen - Gabe Vilardi - Andrew Mangiapane - Evan Rodrigues
    D: Cale Makar - Evan Bouchard - Vince Dunn - Brent Burns

G: Thatcher Demko - Vitek Vanecek

Farm:
    Dylan Guenther
    Nikolai Kovalenko
    David Jiricek

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyzfromHell View Post
    Even though he had a terrible first 2/3 of the season, Travis Konecny is also a top-6 winger in Philly Brinks would have to displace.
    I don't think he will have a problem displacing Atkinson, JVR or Laughton in the long run. I expect the Flyers top 6 future wingers to include Farabee, Konecny, Brink and someone else. Maybe Tippet but I don't have a ton of faith in him, not yet at least. And Frost and Couturier should remain at Center long term. But I think Farabee and Konecny with Couturier or Frost is their long term top line. Unless the Farabee at Center experiment goes somewhere. Which I'm not betting on. But Bink and JVR or Tippet should probably work out as a 2nd line with whichever center doesn't stay at the top. Konecny gets very underrated as an NHL player.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyzfromHell View Post
    Correct, and I have no idea how I brain farted missing him. There's no excuse for that from me, thanks for the catch.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdanger View Post
    I don't think he will have a problem displacing Atkinson, JVR or Laughton in the long run. I expect the Flyers top 6 future wingers to include Farabee, Konecny, Brink and someone else. Maybe Tippet but I don't have a ton of faith in him, not yet at least. And Frost and Couturier should remain at Center long term. But I think Farabee and Konecny with Couturier or Frost is their long term top line. Unless the Farabee at Center experiment goes somewhere. Which I'm not betting on. But Bink and JVR or Tippet should probably work out as a 2nd line with whichever center doesn't stay at the top. Konecny gets very underrated as an NHL player.
    I agree on the first two, as they won't be around a while. Laughton is a middle six glue guy who can play in all situations and all 3 forward spots. He's top 9 guy for sure, but top 6 only at times, unless he takes another step.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks guys! I have him and I'm debating replacing Gallagher with him next season...Gallagher has been so bad the last two years! Would this be a wise choice? Small sample size but Brink has 2 points in 3 games and is getting top PP time!
    20-team dynasty cats League, Daily sets
    25 keepers, 2 rookies
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPP,GWG, FOW, Hits, BLKS, SOG, Goalie starts,GAA,SV%,SVS,W,

F: O'Brien, Newhook, Wennberg, Tavares, Kuraly, Bjorkstrand, Skinner, Zucker, Bertuzzi, Coleman, Kurashev, N Robertson

D: Dunn, Moser, Matheson, Mintyukov

G: Binnington, Fleury, Forsberg, Dostal, Rittich
    NA: Sogaard, Denisenko, Annunen