Thread: Team Audit Help :)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Team Audit Help :)

With the team in signature, would love to hear input on keepers/cuts for next year. This is a points only dynasty cap league. Salaries over 2.5 million increase by 20%, while any salaries below 2.5 million increase by $500k until they pass the $2.5mil threshold.

Players like Rakell and McDonagh with $500k salaries were FA pickups and cannot be kept.

currently I sit in 3rd place. 100pts out of 2nd and 200pts out of 3rd. There are no limits on number of players kept, so long as I stay under next years cap (82.5)

Bubble keepers for me so far are:
    Giroux, Backstrom, Reilly Smith, Fabbri, Vanecek. Morgan Reilly will also most likely be cut as he will cost over $10mil next year and a comparable D can be had at auction for less $

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Team Audit Help :)

I'd keep Vanecek for sure. That should lock in a very solid set of goalies for pretty cheap. I'd think he'd have value as a split start guy at 2.7, he's the best goalie on Washington this year. While I don't know goalie scoring, I'm confident of that,

I don't see Fabbri in your sig.

Backstrom is a cut, he's older and has been hurt. Auction price should go down if you want him back.

Smith is also a cut for me, as I think he's a guy that you can get at around that price, and honestly, you want to find cheaper filler players that you can get multiple years of below-value growth from.

That leaves Giroux, who is still very productive, but old and in an uncertain situation. I think he's firmly on the bubble until he is signed for next season.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Team Audit Help :)

I think all of the guys you have identified as on the bubble are indeed worthy of that distinction with one exception. I agree that Vanecek is a savy keep, I'd hold him. On the other side of things, Backstrom is definitely a drop that's just not a good contract anymore. Smith and Fabbri are major on the bubble and I would not hesitate to part company with both of them, OK Cap hit but no bang for your buck, there are likely better options. Giroux is a wait and see IMO. He is on the bubble given his age and the big contract, but I'd prefer to wait and see what happens before I'd drop him, as stevegamer notes, the dude can still play the game. I'd also wait and see with Rielly, it's a big cap hit with him but in today's NHL it's not a bad contract for a high scoring d man.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf