Thread: Dmen to target

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Dmen to target

10 team h2h cats league. Start 2 c,2lw,rw 4d and a utility skater (fw or D).

Categories for skaters include g, a, plus minus, pp pts, shots and hits.

My dmen currently are Theodore, Dobson, Toews, Bouchard, Dumba (IR).

I’m currently in 4th and trade deadline is Tuesday night. I’ve tried trading for a top dman as I need some help.

Guys like Makar, Ekblad, Hedman, Letang, Nurse, are unattainable.

Who are the second tier guys who can contribute that you would go after via trade or Waiver wire / FA

Top dmen available from WW/ FA include : R Anderson, D Orlov, Hanifan, Skeji, Dillon, Golisgoski, Suter, Gostisbehere, Klingberg, Heineken.

Thanks in advance.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Dmen to target

The teams I’m chasing have

1: Fox, Deangelo, Trouba
    2: Nurse, Letang, S Jones
    3. D Hamilton, Mcavoy, Dahlin, Faulk.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

it depends on what you're lacking.

I like Heiskanen and Andersson, but one guy I think you should consider is Pionk. He gives you hits in addition to points, which the other guys don't really.
    Team 1:
    J Hughes, Cooley (r), Bratt, Laine, M Tkachuk, Necas, A Svechnikov, S Jarvis, M Michkov (r), W Johnston, Zegras, Giroux, Norris, Couturier, B Jenner, T Krug, Burns, M Weegar, Werenski, Sergachev, B Clarke (r), Theodore, Sorokin , Oettinger, Askarov (r), Ersson
    12 teams, No salary cap
    Keep 14 plus 4 rookies (under 150 GP) max 18 players
    Scoring: G (1), A (1), +/- (0.25), H (0.1), B(0.1), PIM (0.1), SOG (0.1), GWG (1), PPP (1), SHP (1),
    Goalies: W (2), SO (3), GA (-0.5), OTL (1), SV (0.1)

Dobber Sports Superstar

I would recommend using Frozen Tools https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/...ol_compare.php

Plug in the available players and analyze how they stack up based on your scoring cats. I would think Andersson, Heiskanen, Klingberg and possibly Ghost are all in the discussion. There could be some surprises however. Do the homework. If your undecided after that, come back to the forum with a short list and we'll have at it (:
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

What Bubba said. And I am sure your fantasy league have a reports, where you can sort top Dmen.
    You didnt mention D guys like Josi, Weegar, Seider, Rielly, Carlson, PietroAngelo. I like the Heineken nickname !
    For better trade advices, show us your current roster. Is your league a keeper? How many keepers?

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by GTX View Post
    What Bubba said. And I am sure your fantasy league have a reports, where you can sort top Dmen.
    You didnt mention D guys like Josi, Weegar, Seider, Rielly, Carlson, PietroAngelo. I like the Heineken nickname !
    For better trade advices, show us your current roster. Is your league a keeper? How many keepers?
    Funny how all these elite and second tire guys are listed but nobody mentioned Josi. I’m assuming he is not available but if he is I would target him
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I forgot to mention. The teams I’m chasing have

1st place has : Fox, Deangelo, Trouba
    2nd place has : Nurse, Letang, S Jones, R. JOSI.
    3rd place has : D Hamilton, Mcavoy, Dahlin, Faulk.

It was not a slight to JOSI, it was a mistake in forgetting to list him. I’ve tried to get him but these guys want an arm, leg and a left nut for them in return.

As for Weegar, Seider, Rielly, Carlson, PietroAngelo, they are owned by lower ranked teams and I didn’t list them simply because i am chasing the top 3 teams because I was wanting your opinions on who to target.

The defence I have on my roster again are Theodore, Dobson, Toews, Bouchard, Dumba (IR).
    Just seeking input guys. My platform shows that the top guys via WW/FA we’re listed above.

Thanks again.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

It’s a keeper league. I usually keep 3 dmen.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    As for Weegar, Seider, Rielly, Carlson, PietroAngelo, they are owned by lower ranked teams and I didn’t list them simply because i am chasing the top 3 teams because I was wanting your opinions on who to target.
    If you are not going too consider these guys as possible targets you are handicapping yourself before even making a trade. Not only that but the cost to acquire could be just slightly lower than the others guys you are asking about.
    Also these GM's are bottom teams, so out of it. They are looking to the future. If you want to push for the win this yr you need to check in on these bottom teams.

Use the Frozen tools to get a real good sense of who is a solid option to try and trade for.

You cannot chase the top 3 if you don't look at those directly behind you and those scrapping the bottom of your league.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by TheDard View Post
    If you are not going too consider these guys as possible targets you are handicapping yourself before even making a trade. Not only that but the cost to acquire could be just slightly lower than the others guys you are asking about.
    Also these GM's are bottom teams, so out of it. They are looking to the future. If you want to push for the win this yr you need to check in on these bottom teams.

Use the Frozen tools to get a real good sense of who is a solid option to try and trade for.

You cannot chase the top 3 if you don't look at those directly behind you and those scrapping the bottom of your league.
    This is a good point. I like Gostisbehere for free. Sadly you won't get tonight's production.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.