Thread: No brainer waiver claim right?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default No brainer waiver claim right?

Hello everyone. I haven’t made many moves since the draft stacked up a probably solid squad. Currently sitting in second place. Hartman was just dropped and I’m looking to move on from R.Strome or tofolli. I’m just looking for some advice on if this is the right play or do I pass. I’ve got priority pick, last time a player was dropped that has significant impact on a roster was Larkin at the beginning of the season. Am I over thinking this?
    10 Team keeper league
    Keep 6
    H2H in each categories:
    SKATERS: G, A, PIM, SOG, GWG, PPP, HIT, BLK
    GOALIES: W, GAA, SV%, SHO

ROSTER:

C- Matthews, RNH(C,LW), Giroux, Stuetzle
    RW- Boeser, Rust, Hartman (C,RW), Pasta
    LW- K.Connor, Debrincat (LW,RW), Skinner
    D- Trouba, Burns, Letang, Makar, Doughty
    Goalie- Markstrom , Bobrovsky, Saros
    IR-

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: No brainer waiver claim right?

I'd be willing to do that, assuming you need the categories he helps with. It's a keep 6, so it's not likely that you're going to find a better player come along. Who to drop depends on how you are situated with things.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Hartman is an improvement over both Strome and Toffoli with your scoring cats, so ya, I'd pull the trigger on this. Again, based on your scoring cats, Strome would be my drop, Toffolli's seasonal peripheral numbers are better than Strome's and he has landed in a sweet spot in Calgary, the scoring will very likely improve, further widening the gap with Strome.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Ace

Been looking at Hartman myself so have been doing some digging.

He has .75ppg on the year. .85ppg in first 39 games. But .50ppg in last 14 GP (.50ppg.) A great start. But considering he has played literally all his Even Strength time with Kaprizov and Zuccarelo not that great lately. He also gets minimum pp time and pretty much no minutes with Kap/Zucc. on PP.

Meanwhile, to date you haven't lost anything with Strome vs Hartman. He is .76 ppg on year, same as Hartman and .64ppg over last 14 games (9/14) which is better than Hartman's .50ppg.

I didn't look to see how they compare in your other categories which could be a difference maker? I think Minny has a few more games left than NYR.

I'd look into that player comparison tool that Dobber has. Compare Strome, Hartman, maybe one or more weak guys on your team and 4 or 5 other guys who are available on your WW.

Hopefully this link works. If it does and you want to add more players go to Compare Players at top of page, click on the arrow to the right in the left box and type player last name in box.
    https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/...-2022%3AR%3A99