Thread: McAvoy Rest of Season?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default McAvoy Rest of Season?

What are everyone's thoughts on McAvoy rest of season? I have him in my first league in my signature and another GM is pretty interested in him (possibly willing to give up a keeper spot to bring me to 9 spots at the end of the season). He was an absolute stud with my league categories to start the year, but in the last month has been very so-so. Not scoring and his rate stats have been somewhat low (SOG: 1.42, HIT: 1.92, BLK: 1.00).

Do we think he's in a cold spell and he will turn it around and help me to a championship, or should I take advantage of the other GM's eagerness and make the move? Justin Faulk is coming off waivers on Sunday, which makes me think about doing the deal a bit more (a solid peripheral replacement with a great playoff schedule).

Will rep!
    10 Team Keep 70 Total. Currently 9 Keeper spots. League Established 2012. Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 1F, 1U, 4D, 2G, 6 Bench,4IR
    G, A, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK, W, SV%, SV, SO

F: Marchand, JT Miller, Zibanejad, Robertson, E. Kane
    D: Josi, Fox, Bouchard
    G: Shesterkin

12 Team Modified Keep 4. Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1U, 2G, 4 Bench, 2IR
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, H, B, W, GAA, SV%, SO

F: Matthews, M. Tkachuk
    D: Makar
    G: Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: McAvoy Rest of Season?

Given the depth you have a D and only starting 4, moving McAvoy for that additional keeper spot does make sense. That said, there is risk here. I fully expect McAvoy to get back to his old ways, he has been very consistent throughout his career, no reason to think that changes. This boils down to whether your other D can compensate for the loss of McAvoy or not. With the group you have plus Faulk, there is a good chance that is the case. All depends on your appetite for risk and willingness to take a bit of a gamble. Personally, I'd be inclined to take the deal, that extra keep in a 10 team league is pretty significant.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf